Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After searching the forum and finding out that after 2016 the Mokka only came with ambient lighting above the glove box, I'm now looking to fit it myself.

My brother used to drive a 2014 SE company car which had it, and I always liked red glow and I'm a little disappointed that Vauxhall decided against it.

I couldn't find any threads showing a 'How To' on retro-fitting ambient lighting, so I'm after some info to help me.

Anyone able to shed some light on where/what they're fitted to, if the light strips can be purchased as separate items (part numbers), is the harness/loom still available?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
231 Posts
It is easy(ish) to add the orange led into the front interior lights, which shines down and adds a slight glow to the cockpit.
Thankfully my 14 plate came with the lower ambient lighting but i didn't notice until about 6 months after I bought it.

Very basically buy a used light with the 2x Orange led's fitted. A lot of Vauxhall's have a similar light fitted.
1 led is for ambient lighting, 1 is for the illuminated buttons.

Your wiring to the existing light probably has five wires, instead of six.
Join pins 1 and 3 together on the light.

Downside is that both led's are on 24/7 but it is only 2 leds and would take months to run down a car battery.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can run power from the existing lights from around the glovebox to power the newly installed ones.

Do you know if the additional lighting is from a separate strip of bulbs?

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you want blue, Buick has one designed to be easy to install. Not certain if it would fit your RHD cars, though. Also, it seems a little overpriced...

https://accessories.buick.com/product/2018/Buick/Encore/interior-lighting-package-in-ice-blue-42602487?categoryId=12003
I found that piece on Ebay cheap a few months ago. Dealer installed it for $120 and took them over 2 hours. It is a lot of work to install properly. The switch goes at the bottom of the console behind the cupholders. You get a light for each cupholder and a light at driver and passenger feet.

It works great. Only part I don't like is it is either full, dim, or off, and it stays that way every start. In other words, it does not come on with the interior operating lights, it is a totally separate switch.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm ordering RGB Led strips for mine, with BT control. Won't have any visible switch. Just going to have to find an ignition switched fuse. I liked the color changing LED rings that ended up lighting the front footwells on the Kia Soul I traded in.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ok, I don't know if this thread has gone a little of route, but I also like the Ambient lighting and will be adding it to mine, being a Tech-line it doesn't have this feature as standard.

After a bit of digging around I have found that the wires with connectors are already there located behind the panels.

I bought these dashboard trim panels from Germany (OK it was for a left hand drive, but removed the led's and tubes and fitted them into my right hand drive panels) See pics.

So i'm all connected up and well...... no lights??

My local little dealer said they will need to remove my coding to send to Germany to rewrite the coding to get them to work.?

Not sure about that but any suggestions before i bunny hop a live and earth of the dashboard lighting?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts