Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I did post this elsewhere but thought I'd have more luck posting it as a separate thread

Sooo.... I have been playing around and I have a few questions if anyone can help me out that would be great. As the handbook for both car and radio I am getting tomorrow as they forgot to put it in. And its to damn cold to be sitting out there anymore.
1. I have the satnav version of the radio and cant figure out how to put in postcodes, as when I go to city I cant put numbers in?
2. When twisting the indicator stalk and run through the different menus one come up as like a star with the word Navigation with or without the satnav running. Im stumped as to what this means?
3. Anyway of dimming the satnav/radio display. I tried the instrument one but didnt seem to make any difference.
4. I read elsewhere that you can stream a iphone to radio. Does this mean by using a usb cable or bluetooth? I have paired my phone with it and i can make calls but cant for the life of me work out how to play music by bluetooth.
5. I can get the car in my garage (yay) but need to take the aerial off so i dont snap it of when reversing out, would any old stumpy aerial work or will i need a special one to replace it with.

If anyone can help i'd be gratefull and yes im a bit of a technophobe. Otherwise a great car. Well its not the car its me

Cheers

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hi
iPhone 5 won't work with A2DP profile but using cable it's ok.
Lots of info on web regarding this for other makes. Looks like its
ios6 that's the problem
The star in the display is for sat nav pictograms and is a nice little touch.
Programme a postcode in and you'll see
To programme a postcode make sure GB is selected as country
then move to next box and pop postcode in there.

I still haven't figured how to change voice from quoting KM to MILES.

If anyone has tried there collision alert would you post how it works.
I get the green car but no alert or chime and I've been damn close to car In front

Cheers

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers guys. I'm all out of 5 year olds so I couldn't ask for help from them
Also hate that kids know more than me!

That's where I was going wrong with the sat nav then I was trying to put it in the wrong box.
I have a iPhone 4s still on 5.1.1 as still not got round to updating. See how much of a technophobe I am lol. So will search out that later when I'm home.

·
Registered
110 Posts
wingy999 said:
Hi
iPhone 5 won't work with A2DP profile but using cable it's ok.
Lots of info on web regarding this for other makes. Looks like its
ios6 that's the problem
The star in the display is for sat nav pictograms and is a nice little touch.
Programme a postcode in and you'll see
To programme a postcode make sure GB is selected as country
then move to next box and pop postcode in there.

I still haven't figured how to change voice from quoting KM to MILES.

If anyone has tried there collision alert would you post how it works.
I get the green car but no alert or chime and I've been damn close to car In front

Cheers
yes i would like to know also that feature collision alert and the traffic sign assist. i saw it on the manual but on mine there is no particular menu when trying to enable it. mine was SE with satnav and front camera.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I thought people had got the iPhone to play quite easily. I didn't have a problem with iOS 6 with my iPhone 4 on the Insignia I had on test.
Go to Audio on your navi 600 and navigate your way to chosing which audio source to use - select Aux (you have to do it this way on the Astra as there's no Aux button on the front of the stereo not sure about the Mokka). If your iPhone is synced and connected to the bluetooth then hit play on the music app and see what happens.

Isn't collision detection activated through a button on the steering wheel above 40km/h?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hi diet coke
Can get car symbol to show to say vehicle detected
but it doesn't come up with alert or sound chime when you
get nearer to car in front. Not sure how fast you have to be
approaching car in front.

My iphone 5 connects as a phone ok although phone book
doesn't display. But stereo Bluetooth just won't work. If you press aux button
it doesn't show phone and music doesn't play

Has anyone had any success In testing either collision alert or Bluetooth music

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Jimjam said:
2. When twisting the indicator stalk and run through the different menus one come up as like a star with the word Navigation with or without the satnav running. Im stumped as to what this means?
When you have a route plumbed into the sat nav (not just have it displaying the map) it should display directions in your DICas well when you go to this section.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've synced my iPhone 5 fully, got the phone book loaded (it takes some time), but not managed wireless playing music yet. I suspect the iPhone won't realise that the music output is through the Bluetooth, and will play through the iPhone speaker?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Good news all, I have the iPhone 5 and can stream music via Bluetooth.
Correct it's not through the aux but directly through the music app, select the album / song via the iPhone, bottom right corner should be a orange icon, tap that and it should say, my car or iPhone. Tap my car and hey presto, music via the Bluetooth through to the car. [:D][:)]

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got my manuals today and thanks to the answers on here i had half a clue. Sat nav postcode sorted now and yep i get what the DIC navigation screen means now.
Spent a age trying to get the iphone to play music over bluetooth but was unsuccesful so gave up but will try the above suggestions. No matter how many times i pressed aux it would come up saying no usb connection or something to that effect. Will try Mokkascan suggestion tomorrow.
Haven't got collision detetection so cant help. Sorry.

·
Registered
142 Posts
wingy999 said:
Hi diet coke
Can get car symbol to show to say vehicle detected
but it doesn't come up with alert or sound chime when you
get nearer to car in front. Not sure how fast you have to be
approaching car in front.

My iphone 5 connects as a phone ok although phone book
doesn't display. But stereo Bluetooth just won't work. If you press aux button
it doesn't show phone and music doesn't play

Has anyone had any success In testing either collision alert or Bluetooth music

"My iphone 5 connects as a phone ok although phone bookdoesn't display". Paying an extra £850 you would think this would be supported with one of the most popular phones. Anyone else not having phonebook displayed with iphone 5 as I have iphone 5 and ordered SE with Sat Nav and really need phonebook access as I do a lot of driving with my job etc?

Chris

·
Registered
296 Posts
I looking forward (really i am) to playing with this when i get my Mokka next week but as a work around can you not simply use SIRI to make calls?
Just hold the home button and say "call ......."

Just a thought that maybe helpful
or not

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yes SIRI would be a work around but spending over £800 on a unit you would think it supported the latest iPhones. Fair enough the unit was probably around way before iphone 5 and cant expect all future phones to work.

Wonder if its easy to upgrade firmware on navi 600?

I am also trying to find out if you can upgrade to navi 900 but both VCS and Navteq have not been able to answer me.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
My older style Astra doesn't have a problem with the address book on my iPhone4 running iOS6. it just works.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts