Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for a smallish 4 wheel drive to replace and old Rav 4. I saw the Mokka in the showroom and bought it there and then (picked it up the next day). I was told it was 4 wheel drive and it has the 4x4 badge on the back, but I've now been told it's intelligent 4 wheel drive and it's usual mode is 2 wheel drive. Love the car, but disappointed that the sales staff didn't know about the features on the car. They said it didn't have stop/start and bluetooth - when it had both. Confusing to someone who buys cars on their looks, and not their spec!

·
Registered
767 Posts
I thinksome salesman went on a "course" a few weeks ago to learn up on all things Mokka. A bit late for someafter the Mokka has bolted. Way back in November atthe free fuel weekend extravaganza with bunting & balloons my dealer didn't evenhave any brochures.

Edited by: Flat Eric

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Susie a lot of 4wd only provide power to the rear wheels when required. While you might miss locking your diffs it does mean when you need AWD it will kick in no changing system required and for the rest of the you'll be benefitting from better fuel figures.

·
Registered
767 Posts
DietCokeBloke said:
Susie a lot of 4wd only provide power to the rear wheels when required. While you might miss locking your diffs it does mean when you need AWD it will kick in no changing system required and for the rest of the you'll be benefitting from better fuel figures.
I'll vouch for the better fuel figures. My constant 4WD Defender drinks the stuff like a20-something binge drinker on alcopops. Lock the diffs though& select low ratio& it will pull the side off a house.

·
Registered
344 Posts
That's one of the things that sold me mine, the intelligent 4WD, i had a Tiguan for a while and the first lot of snow it was a PITA keep changing it to Off Road manually. This is a brilliant idea

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi just brought a Mokka 14se turbo 4x4 I'm a bit worried it's not a4x4 I told them I only wanted a four wheel drive model they said this one is a4x4 but how can I find out if it is a four by for could you help me out

·
Super Moderator
9,689 Posts
Or look in the V5c (log book) it should be noted under d3 model.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts