Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a mad idea, Some time of work and another incident I won't go into myself, wife and my now beloved Mokka traveled the length of the country from Suffolk where we live, up to Scotland just past Inverness and then on to the Isle Of Skye. Then down to Cornwall to near Newquay then on to Somerset and then finally back home.

The car was a absolute dream to drive and not tiring at all unlike previous cars i have owned. My last car, a Astra gave me back ache after a while but nothing of the sort in the Mokka.

Even though we drove it, shall we say a bit heavy footed at times, we still averaged 57mpg according to the trip however my own calculations put it at nearer 60.5mpg which I think is very good seeing my 1.9 Astra struggled to get in the 40's.

2 faults i found whilst driving that it developed a rattle that drove me mad for about 20 miles until I found the cause, which was the blooming key ring and nothing to do with the car at all. Secondly the satnav was great until we were using the iPhone for music and trying to select songs when a junction or whatever was coming up and made the display show the symbol and then having to start all over again to select the track. That was my main annoyance.

Not once did I notice the DPF regenerating so that was good. And did not use any oil that i can tell on the dipstick. The display for the oil now says 84%. All in all it was a great to drive and to all those waiting believe me it's most certainly worth it.

Few photos from the trip and the first thing I done once we got back was to wash it

·
Registered
505 Posts
Fantastic write up, what a refreshing read. I have also booked me a nice week off middle of May to take Our Mokka on a road trip (IF IT COMES).

It has renewed myenthusiasm.

·
Registered
584 Posts
pleased you enjoyed yourself, the run will have well and truly bedded the car in and sorted out any issues if they exist.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep if the car had any faults I think i'd of found them as it felt like we lived in it
but it was all good. I would do it again without doubt as it was a pleasure to drive.
Thing that made me smile the most was all the looks we got as i'm sure it wasn't me people were looking at and through out the entire drive I never once saw another Mokka on the roads. Did go on the M5 past Bristol docks where there are no doubt hundreds though

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi Jimjam. Sounds like a great trip - so good to hear it all went well & I hope I have mine before our big trip at the end of May.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have a son who Kayaks and have travelled around Scotland "To find the Water" as he calls itcombined with a 60 mile round trip to work my mokka now has 3665 on the clockafter 6 weeks.It went on the road18/01/13
i'venot had onemoments botherwithit and some of the tracks we have gone down to find "put ins"onrivers have been rough. Car is ideal for this use and I love it.

1.7 CDTI Exclusiv summit white OTR 18/01/13

·
Registered
247 Posts
Thanks for the review. The pictures look great.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Brilliant, I bet that was a lovely journey with some cracking views. I agree with you regarding the Astra, I didnt find it very comfy the Mokka beats it hands down.

I may do a bit of a road trip in my Mokka at some point. Put the bikes on the back and head up to the hills of Scotland.

Was the trip costly in fuel?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had a full tank when we left and got all the way up to Inverness which was about 560 on that tank and had a fair few miles left in the tank which surprised me seeings as lots of gear changes and up and down hills. We then filled up 3 times more so in total just over £250 ish in fuel costs which was reasonable I guess and that was searching out Shell stations and not using the rip off motorway ones. Don't personally like putting supermarket fuel in which was a few pence cheaper.
The different scenery in Britain is amazing and it changes so quickly for such a small place relatively speaking. Having driven through parts of Australia and Canada it takes so long for it to change.
For all those thinking about taking their Mokka's on road trips, Do it you won't regret it. Bank accounts might though with fuel cost but hey cars are for driving.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Jimjam I,m so glad you enjoyed your journey.as I said earlier I do a bit of travelling arround taking my son kayaking.
But to any of our oweners who are not too familiar with Scotland can I recomend a route thats hard to beat.
Get yourself on the west bound M8 and follow signs for Dumbarton cutting off forloch Lomond / trossacs then once through loch lomond head for Fort William this takes you through Glen Coe. The road goes very close tothe famous West Highland Way and some of the scenery is breathtaking. The mokkas high position makes it an ideal car for sight seeing.
Fort William is the gateway to the Highlands and once there Scotland's your oyster. There are many excellent Inns along the way but the Drovers at the top of Loch Lomond is a must.
Happy Mokkering and Enjoy our beautiful Land!

Edited by: Hamish

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hamish said:
Jimjam I,m so glad you enjoyed your journey.as I said earlier I do a bit of travelling arround taking my son kayaking.
But to any of our oweners who are not too familiar with Scotland can I recomend a route thats hard to beat.
Get yourself on the west bound M8 and follow signs for Dumbarton cutting off for loch Lomond / trossacs then once through loch lomond head for Fort William this takes you through Glen Coe. The road goes very close tothe famous West Highland Way and some of the scenery is breathtaking. The mokkas high position makes it an ideal car for sight seeing.
 Fort William is the gateway to the Highlands and once there Scotland's your oyster. There are many excellent Inns along the way but the Drovers at the top of Loch Lomond is a must.
Happy Mokkering and Enjoy our beautiful Land!
Can definitely agree with that trip it's amazing. And totally agree with your last part!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Excellent review Jimjam, thanks for that. As I get my Mokka a month before we go to France I hope to be able to report back on our Road Trip. Economy will be a good comparison as I'll have, 5 of us,a roof box and 3 bikes on the FlexFit so anything over 50MPG will make me a happy bunny.

Cheers again.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts