Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

261 - 280 of 290 Posts

·
Banned
899 Posts
It depends which car you choose small cars are free, usually, and covered by your allowance
but when you go up into more expensive models you have to pay extra as the allowance
only covers up to a certain price

·
Banned
1,728 Posts
Motability is a car allowance, you can just have the allowance to run your existing car, or you can use it to lease a new car, if the car you lease is more than the allowance you have to make up the difference.

·
Registered
26 Posts
No that sounds a good deal for you -- but the new Mokka is not the car for me -- Peugeot are not for me at all, they are a Vauxhall brand name only with Pug running gear --- NO THANKS
If I really don’t like the car I can always change in the future. My next car will be an electric anyway.

I was going to choose electric this time but I know I will be doing some long distance travel in the near future and I still don’t think the charging infrastructure is ready in the UK as of yet.

Oh and you saying this is a French car and not German. I meant it was designed by Germans and manufactured by Germans. It’s still an Opel car but using parts from PSA.

I’ve come across this type of fanboyism in the gaming world where you are either Xbox or PlayStation. I have the same view there. If you enjoy your time using your platform of choice then it doesn’t really matter what others think.

I have been Team Xbox since I got my first Xbox. I did have a PlayStation and have had PlayStations though every generation and yet even though the original Xbox One was crap I still loved it. I can see my Mokka experience being the very same thing.

Good luck with whatever you choose but my £1,599 car choice is pretty hard to beat, especially as I will be able to extend it another 2 years if I do less than 12,000 miles a year (36,000 miles total)... and as my last few cars have done a LOT less I can see it being very likely I will extend (unless petrol goes WAYYYYYY up in price).

So £1,599 divided by 1826 days that comes to 88 pence a day. You couldn’t run a banger that cheaply. The Motability scheme is the only way I would be able to have a car and get out as I can only drive an automatic with my disability (left leg is too weak to use a clutch).

·
Registered
26 Posts
So was the back seat roomy enough? :sneaky:
Surely it costs you nothing as the tax payer pays for the Motability Scheme. Where does the £1,599 come from?
It’s called advance payments. You can add your own money and get a more expensive car. You could get a Mercedes Benz on Motability if you add the advanced payment cost.

Here is the advanced payment for the petrol Launch Mokka build...

VAUXHALL MOKKA HATCHBACK 1.2 TURBO LAUNCH EDITION 5DR AUTO

·
Super Moderator
10,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #267 ·
NeoMorph you really don't have to justify the purchase of a New Mokka. This is a Vauxhall Mokka Owners club Forum and regardless of the condemnation by certain members who continually criticise the New Model I'm losing my patience. This new model is the life's blood of this Forum and all this negativity has to stop. I think you have all had your fair share of criticising the new model and I might add without testing and in all cases never going to own one. This forum now knows beyond all certainty or doubt what you think of PSA/Peugeot so please give your negative comments a rest.

·
Banned
899 Posts
We will see what comes out of my test drive next Tuesday, as to whether it's
negative or positive !!! and It will be honest and as I see it, whether you like
it or not, you will have to wait and see

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Can't wait DSM -- you got a test drive and i am still waiting so much for the non Vauxhall French Mokka dealers we will call you back policy, they couldn't organise a P up in a brewery

·
Super Moderator
10,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #271 ·
Fortunately we have already had most press reviews regarding the new Mokka and all of them without exception have been very good and favourable.
I cannot understand the logic of anyone requesting a test drive of a vehicle that they have no intention of buying.
Apart from wasting their own time and that of a dealership who they absolutely detest, what other reason could they have?
I don't need a crystal ball for the answer, it's staring me in the face.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I will have a test drive at some stage and will give a truly unbiased FAIR report on a car that is being vilified on here by certain members who should know better 😂

·
Super Moderator
10,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #275 ·
On the contrary, it's just a few members who cannot accept that Vauxhall owned by Stellantis still exists.

·
Banned
899 Posts
@Brother Leo
Enjoy your test drive when you can get one, you won't be getting any input off
my INVITED, test drive, on this forum, good luck mate. I might even buy one
on the spot like I did with the Crossland, stranger things have happened.

I have done on here I am not having a moderator personally criticising me
in a post, which he has left ON and DELETED mine, because I said my piece
back at him, so childish, obviously it isn't a free speech site.

So wellinever you can Delete my profile, as I don't want to know anymore
thanks too you

·
Banned
1,728 Posts
Looks the Elsmere port workforce have all been put on government funded furlough for a week or so because of dwindling Vauxhall sales, Stellantis are using the time to grovel for UK taxpayers money, even though they are supposedly rolling in it, not sure if they mean money or :poop: Though!

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Yeah Wellinever is living in a world that doesn't exist -- thinking that Stellantis are actually Vauxhall -- this will no doubt be deleted

·
Registered
26 Posts
Looks the Elsmere port workforce have all been put on government funded furlough for a week or so because of dwindling Vauxhall sales, Stellantis are using the time to grovel for UK taxpayers money, even though they are supposedly rolling in it, not sure if they mean money or :poop: Though!
This could be due to other causes as well. There is currently a global panic regarding computer chip shortages in anything from PC’s to phones to... cars.

In fact, GM got massively stung by this when they didn’t order enough chips last year.

261 - 280 of 290 Posts