Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

241 - 260 of 290 Posts

·
Banned
899 Posts
I have just seen a new Crossland as they are called now, not an X, anymore, in a car park with this new front Visor thingy , and to be honest I didn't like it at all, didn't suit that particular car in my opinion, it looks totally different in the flesh than the pictures but it will probably sell, as a lot of people in this country these days, seem to want to be seen in something different, as in their minds, because it's different, it's better.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have just seen a new Crossland as they are called now, not an X, anymore, in a car park with this new front Visor thingy , and to be honest I didn't like it at all, didn't suit that particular car in my opinion, it looks totally different in the flesh than the pictures but it will probably sell, as a lot of people in this country these days, seem to want to be seen in something different, as in their minds, because it's different, it's better.
I’ll be honest with you... when I first got my Mokka X I hated it and wondered why I got it. Hell, I almost crashed it as the steering was so light (oversteered) compared to my previous car (Astra GTC).

Within a month though, I loved it.

Like I said before... it’s a Marmite thing.

Regarding the Visor, I’m more interested in the intelligent LED matrix headlamps. You can go full beam toward an oncoming car and it only turns off the beams that will intersect the oncoming car.

Or if Skynet takes over it turns them all to max and steers the beam at the oncoming car. 😂

·
Super Moderator
10,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #246 ·

·
Banned
899 Posts
@NeoMorph
I have had a Crossland X part GM part PSA and it looks better with a grill in my opinion, but I went
back to a GM Mokka ?? Enjoy Your New Mokka, but I suggest you drive it first.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It should be on your present Mokka. High beam assist
It’s not the same. High beam assist just dips your headlights. Matrix headlights are a group of LEDs and when you pass a car only the specific LEDs that would be shining on the other car are turned off.

This way you still have your high beam on as you pass the other car while not shining your headlights in his face.

Plus you can have your high beam on following other cars without blasting their rear view mirror.

·
Super Moderator
10,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #249 ·
Another good if not light hearted review of the all new MOKKA/MOKKAe. What I find different about this model is that all the reviews have been good/very good as opposed in the past where the original and X mostly were negative with their reviews.

·
Banned
1,728 Posts
The problem is, its not what it says on the tin, its not an SUV, it should handle better, it should be a softer ride, because the ride isn't compromised by being a tall car, it's a bloody hatchback!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Whatever turns you on
A press of the stop/start button? I’ve ordered my petrol launch edition version. I don’t know what the negativity here is all about. So it’s a German car rather than a GM American car. So why did I order it? It’s soooo darn cheap.
The problem is, its not what it says on the tin, its not an SUV, it should handle better, it should be a softer ride, because the ride isn't compromised by being a tall car, it's a bloody hatchback!
This is true... not a single model in the range is a 4x4 either. It’s like those fake Humvees with a fibreglass shell on a sedan chassis it’s a fake SUV.

It has only 3 cylinders (so not sport) and if you are using just the boot it has less that the Mokka X. (So it’s not a Utility Vehicle).

It’s a Fakeickle!

BUT, I’m a Motability driver. It has to have a reasonably high cabin (it has) for my short leg long body to fit in and bizarrely enough I fit in better than my Mokka X. Hell, I just turn around and I fit into the drivers seat. The MASSAGE drivers seat lol.

So yeah it’s perfect for me. A one person geek who likes gadgets. With the back seats down the boot is fine for me even if it’s a fake SUV.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Don't tell me that the new Mokka was ordered without a substantial test drive --- or was it just a matter of "well the driver's seat fits me" or in other words a showroom test drive

·
Banned
899 Posts
@Brother Leo
Firstly it is French Not German and the Auto box coupled to the 130bhp is nothing
like a GM box, The 110 bhp Auto Crossland I had is smoother, which they dropped.

Your forgetting one thing It is Mobility, which means if it doesn't suit, he can apply to
have it changed for something more suitable, different than buying one and having
any repairs to pay for when out of warranty, I wouldn't as a matter of principal, buy
Anything off the EU, due to their disgusting behaviour, including a car.

What I also find strange is that it is not allowed to go in any dealers showroom,
or even sit in a vehicle outside, at the moment due to lockdown criteria,
which is what I have been told by two Vauxhall main dealers ???, even
though they have the new Mokka in, the show room, but I can buy one on line,
I DON'T THINK SO !!

·
Registered
26 Posts
@Brother Leo
Firstly it is French Not German and the Auto box coupled to the 130bhp is nothing
like a GM box, The 110 bhp Auto Crossland I had is smoother, which they dropped.

Your forgetting one thing It is Mobility, which means if it doesn't suit, he can apply to
have it changed for something more suitable, different than buying one and having
any repairs to pay for when out of warranty, I wouldn't as a matter of principal, buy
Anything off the EU, due to their disgusting behaviour, including a car.

What I also find strange is that it is not allowed to go in any dealers showroom,
or even sit in a vehicle outside, at the moment due to lockdown criteria,
which is what I have been told by two Vauxhall main dealers ???, even
though they have the new Mokka in, the show room, but I can buy one on line,
I DON'T THINK SO !!
I have a very close relationship with my local dealer so managed to sit in the new Mokka Launch and SRi a week ago. Comfort is my number one requirement and as my 3 year old Mokka X is going back soon it’s only done 1,050 miles at present.

Finding a car I actually fit in is hard for me. Remember Rover? I couldn’t fit in a single one of their cars. My body is so long I would have been bent in a C shape.

I do like the new Mokka gearbox and hand brake switches.... and the top of the range Launch Edition costs.... £1,599 for 3 years lease, insurance and maintenance via Motability. Can you honestly complain for that?

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
No that sounds a good deal for you -- but the new Mokka is not the car for me -- Peugeot are not for me at all, they are a Vauxhall brand name only with Pug running gear --- NO THANKS

·
Banned
899 Posts
Good relationship with the dealer, ???, Sounds very much like both of you
have broken the lockdown rules, from what I can gather, and not acceptable
You like the Mokka gearbox ??, you might not when you drive it, and
electronic handbrakes can be a source of trouble, but if it suits you fair enough,
I would never buy any Vehicle just by sitting in it, and I will never buy another
Vauxhall as they are now fully French

·
Registered
24 Posts
I do like the new Mokka gearbox and hand brake switches.... and the top of the range Launch Edition costs.... £1,599 for 3 years lease, insurance and maintenance via Motability. Can you honestly complain for that?
Surely it costs you nothing as the tax payer pays for the Motability Scheme. Where does the £1,599 come from?

241 - 260 of 290 Posts