Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner
61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Mokka 1.2 Auto Launch Edition
84 Posts
Got one question for you…

What will be the difference when we all go electric anyway. The difference between car makers will get narrower and narrower until it will be choosing your universal chassis (which will include battery, suspension and rating on the wheel motors (including whether it is front, rear or all wheel drive) and then choosing the body/cabin that will be mated to it.

So you could have a Grandland and a Mokka with the exact same chassis pack but the Grandland has the top of the range body pack while the Mokka has the basic body pack.

It would make it easier for the car makers to build universal chassis’s, make repairs simpler, yet make it possible to modify the builds to cater to a wide range of customer types with a range of capabilities.

You could even have identical looking cars have widely different capabilities… off-grid power, hydrogen power, solar power, 2WD front, 2WD rear, AWD, 16”-20" wheels, basic electric motors, performance electric motors, standard batteries, performance batteries… yada yada yada. All with the same basic body pack.

My point is… what would make it a “French car” then? The body style? But what if it’s a German living in France?

Nope, eventually I see our cars are going the way of electronics products. Different stickers on the outside and ALL the innards made in China, Taiwan and the like (not that it’s far off now).

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
We have had many of those options for years it matters to the discerning buyer where the profits from their hard earned money ends up. and for me and many others that eliminates anything French

·
Registered
4 Posts
We loved our 1.4t Mokka and so when we saw the new one being released we took the plunge and bought the 1.2t Premium Nav version. We hadn't seen one physically but had a live walk around and spent some time looking at it online.

Thought I would share some thoughts for those thinking of buying one as it's a mixed bag for us.

Pros-
Love the overall design itself.
Looks much more premium inside
For a 1.2 it is very nippy
Steering and handling improved
Decent centre arm rest for front
No leaking boot when you close it
The new screens are very clear for both the infotainment and drivers screen

Cons
Roof a lot lower so anyone in the back who's over 5ft 8 may struggle
Generally less room inside although it seems to be wider
The glove box is useless, if you can call it that. The folder with manuals doesn't fit unless you take them out and then it fills the glove box
No money holder by driver. I've been told lots didn't like it which is why it went but personally I found it useful.
The Premium Nav has keyless entry and an alarm but the alarm doesn't arm when you walk away which defeats the whole idea of being keyless in my mind.

In fairness much of the above are niggles, Vauxhall are heading the right way, but maybe take it back up a couple of inches. Overall we like the car and I'm looking forward to the first road trip.

If anyone else has thoughts or any questions I'd be interested to hear.
You have to activate the keyless entry in the menu, what you are referring to is the door handle sensor which is a little temperamental. I have the SRI Nav Premium, keyless works great and alarm activates as soon as I walk away

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had our new Mokka for two months now and loving it. Got the 'launch edition'. Love the keyless entry (had that on last car but one). Automatic this, that and everything makes life easier. The adaptive cruise control is just fabulous. Drove for nearly 20 miles the other day - a couple of roundabouts, and loads of different speed limits. Didn't touch the pedals once!

However......

SatNav
The SatNav is fairly standard and works well. But, inputting a UK post code is a pain. First, there is the keyboard with all the letters on. Fine. When you want to input a number you have to hit a button to get the number keyboard up. But – for reasons unknown – the number keyboard does not have a space bar. So you have to hit the button to go back to the normal keyboard to hit the space bar and then hit the button again to go back to the number keyboard to hit the next number. Given that ALL (yes, ALL) UK postcodes have a space between the numbers, you have to do this every time.
So, NR2 7HS is NR (change keyboard) 2 (change keyboard) space (change keyboard) 7 (change keyboard) HS.
Not the end of the world, but a bit of a pain.

Turning the screen off
When I am not actually using it, I like to turn the central screen off. The PurePanel is, after all, about minimising distraction to the driver. So, I turn it off.
However, if I then change the radio volume using the dial on the steering wheel, the screen comes back on. Why? The guy at the dealership said it was so that I could see the volume level. Really? So that I can SEE the VOLUME. Think about that. You don’t SEE volume, you HEAR it. I don’t need to SEE the dial in order to know when it is loud enough. But, even if one accepts the (unnecessary) appearance of the volume bar, why does the screen not return to its ‘off’ status when I’ve finished adjusting the volume? I’ve turned the screen off. I want it off. Why does the car assume that because I’ve changed the volume I want the screen now to stay on?
Even worse. Let’s say I have the screen off. I turn on the cruise control. It comes on no problem. I set my speed. All fine. I adjust the speed with the flick switch on the steering wheel. Still fine. But if I then press the MEM button, the screen comes on. WHY? WHY? At least with the volume thing you get to see the volume slider on the screen (even though I don’t want to). But with the cruise control, there are no cruise control related features on the screen. This just makes no sense. There is NO REASON for the screen to come on. This has to be a fault or a terrible oversight in the design.
By the way, before my Mokka I had a Nissan Juke with a 15 plate. The Mokka is better in so many ways. But the Juke’s screen function worked so much better. If I wanted the screen off, I could turn it off and it stayed off, displaying just a clock. It did that same silly thing with the volume slider, but that disappeared once I’d finished changing the volume. I hate to say it to you, Vauxhall, but you could learn a thing or two from a six-year-old Juke! I know the Mokka is a new car. It may be teething problems. But if Nissan could get it right six years ago, there really is no excuse.

Voice Command
Hitting the voice command button is fun. A nice feature. But I have learned how to use it now. I know how it works. So, why oh why, does the lady say “To begin, speak a command after the tone” every single time? Yes, EVERY SINGLE TIME. When I turn the engine on, I don’t need the lady to say, “To begin, select forward or reverse”. When I turn on the radio, I don’t need the lady to say, “To begin, choose the station you want.” So, why does she treat me like an idiot when I want to use the voice command system?

Just niggles, though. I love it really!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I've also had my new Mokka for about 2 months, Sri Nav Premium, loving it. Adaptive cruise control is brilliant although I don't think I'd use it for anything other than motorway driving. I have a niggle with the start stop function in that 90% of the time I don't want it activated, so of course there is the button but I have to do this every time I drive the car, there's no option to permanently disable it. Also, the DAB stations don't show station icons just boring plain text of the station name. This may be an issue with DAB in general and not a Vauxhall issue but it's really annoying. Other than that I can't find fault with anything else, it's a great car. Not perfect obviously. I'd like grab handles and a light in the rear as with the black headlining on the Sri, which I love, it's very dark.

·
Registered
84 Posts
SatNav
The SatNav is fairly standard and works well. But, inputting a UK post code is a pain. First, there is the keyboard with all the letters on. Fine. When you want to input a number you have to hit a button to get the number keyboard up. But – for reasons unknown – the number keyboard does not have a space bar. So you have to hit the button to go back to the normal keyboard to hit the space bar and then hit the button again to go back to the number keyboard to hit the next number. Given that ALL (yes, ALL) UK postcodes have a space between the numbers, you have to do this every time.
So, NR2 7HS is NR (change keyboard) 2 (change keyboard) space (change keyboard) 7 (change keyboard) HS.
Not the end of the world, but a bit of a pain.
Luckily you don’t have to put the space in. It automatically works it out.

Also I tend to use the Vauxhall app to enter my routing. I also think the interface could be better. It’s like it was written by a 14 year old job experience kid… come to think of it a 14 year old would probably do a better job.

Why do they make a great car and then make an infotainment interface that is so darned frustrating.

I keep going on about the automatic car wash routine you have to do to disable the automatic electric brake (there are 6 steps just to stop the electric parking brake automatically engaging when you turn off the engine) but it’s also a good example of crazy interface coding. It should be “deactivate auto parking brake… are you sure… okay, done!”… but nope. It be crazy.

But I still love my green meanie. ♥

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also bought the same version this week, and am really pleased with it. It does seem smaller inside but suits my needs. The alarm arms itself when I walk away with the fob so must be something that you can turn off through the in car settings…
The only issue I have is the beep, beep it makes when arming the alarm, seems very loud and unnecessary. If anyone knows how to turn this off I would appreciate it.
The drive is quiet and smooth so far but have only done about 50 miles. Time will tell.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I also bought the same version this week, and am really pleased with it. It does seem smaller inside but suits my needs. The alarm arms itself when I walk away with the fob so must be something that you can turn off through the in car settings…
The only issue I have is the beep, beep it makes when arming the alarm, seems very loud and unnecessary. If anyone knows how to turn this off I would appreciate it.
The drive is quiet and smooth so far but have only done about 50 miles. Time will tell.
Are you sure it auto activates? Because the manual says it doesn’t…

Font Parallel Number Document Screenshot

·
Administrator
10,731 Posts
It's encouraging to read the mainly positive comments from members who have actually purchased the New Mokka as opposed to those with their negative comments before it had even hit the showrooms.

Reactions: Griffy

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
They've all got new toys costing tens of thousands, and those of us who wouldn't buy a pug with a griffin badge, are refraining from spoiling their pleasure, so probably best not to prod us!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yea definitely does, it sets it instantly and not after 45 seconds, I have checked the red flashing led inside and this is also on straight away, showing the alarm is armed.
I’ll have to check mine tomorrow. Stuck in bed atm (heavy storms affects my disability and it’s not been raining as much as being a waterfall simulator the last few days).

I have the 1.2 petrol Launch Edition version FYI. What’s yours? I do know the electric versions have some extra goodies (like warming up the inside of car before you get in on a winter’s day)… but the petrol version gets a semi-manual gearbox with flappy paddles (would rather have had the heated steering wheel but the flappy paddles uses the same wiring as the heater so you get one or the other… but at least I have a motorised massage unit in the chair lol).

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’ll have to check mine tomorrow. Stuck in bed atm (heavy storms affects my disability and it’s not been raining as much as being a waterfall simulator the last few days).

I have the 1.2 petrol Launch Edition version FYI. What’s yours? I do know the electric versions have some extra goodies (like warming up the inside of car before you get in on a winter’s day)… but the petrol version gets a semi-manual gearbox with flappy paddles (would rather have had the heated steering wheel but the flappy paddles uses the same wiring as the heater so you get one or the other… but at least I have a motorised massage unit in the chair lol).
I have the 1.2 SRi. Quite a few gadgets I agree. Although I do like the heated steering wheel in the winter.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have the 1.2 SRi. Quite a few gadgets I agree. Although I do like the heated steering wheel in the winter.
Sadly mine doesn’t have that. I had it on my old Mokka X and loved it. Does yours have flappy paddles being a petrol model? I was told by the salesman that the flappy paddles meant they couldn’t fit a heated wheel as it used the same wiring.

Also, were you caught out by the speed limiter “not working” due to the new button sequence chance. God knows why they kept the same button layout but changed the speed limiter sequence… but also kept the same sequence from the cruise control between the Mokka X and the New Mokka.

I do find myself grinning every time I drive this car. I’ve read numerous articles where reviewers say “The Ford Puma has a better driving experience than the New Mokka” so the Puma must be flipping exceptional is all I can say.

For example if I want a laid back experience I leave it in Eco and it’s taking its time. Move to normal and it’s a bit tighter.

But, above all, Sports mode actually does change it a lot. It may not be a supercar but it’s surprising for a 1.2 (and I love the engine noise it makes). It’s all down to the chassis being used for the electric version, being light yet chunky. Imagine if they used Titanium instead of steel. 😆

Sorry… haven’t loved a car like this since my GTC.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sadly mine doesn’t have that. I had it on my old Mokka X and loved it. Does yours have flappy paddles being a petrol model? I was told by the salesman that the flappy paddles meant they couldn’t fit a heated wheel as it used the same wiring.

Also, were you caught out by the speed limiter “not working” due to the new button sequence chance. God knows why they kept the same button layout but changed the speed limiter sequence… but also kept the same sequence from the cruise control between the Mokka X and the New Mokka.

I do find myself grinning every time I drive this car. I’ve read numerous articles where reviewers say “The Ford Puma has a better driving experience than the New Mokka” so the Puma must be flipping exceptional is all I can say.

For example if I want a laid back experience I leave it in Eco and it’s taking its time. Move to normal and it’s a bit tighter.

But, above all, Sports mode actually does change it a lot. It may not be a supercar but it’s surprising for a 1.2 (and I love the engine noise it makes). It’s all down to the chassis being used for the electric version, being light yet chunky. Imagine if they used Titanium instead of steel. 😆

Sorry… haven’t loved a car like this since my GTC.
I didn’t go for the flappy paddles as I enjoy using a gear stick so can’t comment on the issue with the same wiring, although given the option I think I would still go for the heated steering wheel for comfort.

I must admit the same button configuration has confused me with the speed limiter and cruise control. It will get a little getting used to that’s for sure.
I really enjoy the drive from the new model, and have yet to try all the modes thoroughly. Although there is a noticeable difference using sport mode, especially the engine noise. I live in a very small and quiet village so can be heard arriving home….
For a small SUV I love it and will continue to ooom at the newer models as they come through the pipe line.

·
Registered
84 Posts
were you caught out with the speed limiter “not working”
I didn’t go for the flappy paddles as I enjoy using a gear stick so can’t comment on the issue with the same wiring, although given the option I think I would still go for the heated steering wheel for comfort.
Unfortunately if you get an automatic petrol or Diesel engines you lose the heated steering wheel and get the flappy paddles. If you get the manual gearbox or an electric powerplant you lose the flappy paddles and get the heated steering. No option is available to mix automatic and non-electric and keep the heated steering because the regenerative braking button on the electric is switched to an M for manual gear selector… which is the flappy paddle . It’s just how it is sadly.

·
Registered
57 Posts
@NeoMorph Well, that answers why I couldn’t have a heated steering wheel 🤪

The ‘missing’ heated steering wheel is the only thing our Launch Edition hasn’t got that I really miss from our old (18 plate) Mokka x. I didn’t realise it uses the same electrics as the ‘flappy paddles’ did. Thanks for the definitive answer on that one (y)

Just to add…we’ve had our new Mokka since the end of July and are both very pleased with it 🤩

Andy

61 - 80 of 91 Posts