Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sounds like nightmare
I mean...you have to press the brake in line 1 and press N... then you have to press the brake in 5 seconds BUT YOU ARE ALREADY PRESSING IT. Do you have to release it and press again? Very unclear to say the least.

And the ignition is on, flip a few switches and turn it back on, flip some more... then turn it off.
The instructions are really vague... I think before I hit a car wash I’m going to practice a bit. Maybe even get a card printed up with the bloody instructions.
But before all that I’m going to get the dealers to do it.

Does anyone else think this is an afterthought cheat code to disable automatically turning on Park and Handbrake mode? I’ve done less cheat codes on my Xbox controller lol.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I believe Vauxhall are contacting owners of the new Mokka offering free Uni courses online which will lead to a Master's Degree in how to understand and decipher the latest vauxhall manual

·
Premium Member
2015 Mokka 1.6 cdti Tech Line.& 2018 Mokka X Design Nav Ecotec S/S.1.4
18 Posts
What ever has happened to the pleasures of motoring.:unsure:

·
Super Moderator
10,180 Posts
Logic tells me that if you depress a pedal then to depress it again you obviously have to let it up!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Logic tells me that if you depress a pedal then to depress it again you obviously have to let it up!!
Not necessarily... you could just press down harder.

I think someone thought it was a great safety feature to automatically turn on the parking brake and emergency brake when the ignition was turned off to stop the car rolling. Old style hand brakes are easy to verify whether they are engaged... but a small red light is easy to miss (especially if you have red/green colour blindness like me).

I think the correct sequence should be as follows...

====== Automatic Car Wash Mode ======

1. With ignition on, depress the brake pedal, select N, and then release brake pedal.

2. Within 5 seconds, depress and then hold the brake pedal down.

3. While still holding the brake pedal down, turn off the ignition and then select either D or R with the gear selector.

4. Release the brake pedal and switch on the ignition.

5. Depress and hold down the brake pedal and the press the electric parking brake switch ((P)).

6. Release the brake pedal and switch off the ignition.

7. The deactivation of automatic P gear selection and electric parking brake ((P)) will be confirmed by a message in the Driver Information Centre and will automatically be cancelled after 15 minutes.

8. To return to normal operation, depress the brake pedal and start the engine.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Looks like the new Mokka is not the flavour of the month
I still like the car. The manual has a few... translation issues is all.

I’m actually surprised at the number of things I’ve found that the new Mokka can do... including lane keeping automation... automatic parking assist... Radar controlled enhanced cruise control that lets you follow other cars (great for tailgating someone)... anti-drowsy determination (back when I was overworking myself I nearly fell asleep at the wheel).... and most important... it has a built in seat massage function. Great for soothing yourself of to sleep just in time for the anti-drowsy system to wake you up. 😬

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Check the spec of your model before you get too exited, the GM Mokka X manual is full of stuff that was never fitted to UK cars

·
Super Moderator
10,180 Posts
As do most new models. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Yeah but PSA managed to build the only car that could drive itself into it's owners house, set on fire and burn the house down, that's extreme teething. :D

·
Super Moderator
10,180 Posts
Please provide the link.

·
Super Moderator
10,180 Posts
As I mentioned above, most makes have teething problems. Example. Click

·
Super Moderator
10,180 Posts
Too true, maybe that's why Peugeot came out top for reliability. Check it out.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts