Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We loved our 1.4t Mokka and so when we saw the new one being released we took the plunge and bought the 1.2t Premium Nav version. We hadn't seen one physically but had a live walk around and spent some time looking at it online.

Thought I would share some thoughts for those thinking of buying one as it's a mixed bag for us.

Pros-
Love the overall design itself.
Looks much more premium inside
For a 1.2 it is very nippy
Steering and handling improved
Decent centre arm rest for front
No leaking boot when you close it
The new screens are very clear for both the infotainment and drivers screen

Cons
Roof a lot lower so anyone in the back who's over 5ft 8 may struggle
Generally less room inside although it seems to be wider
The glove box is useless, if you can call it that. The folder with manuals doesn't fit unless you take them out and then it fills the glove box
No money holder by driver. I've been told lots didn't like it which is why it went but personally I found it useful.
The Premium Nav has keyless entry and an alarm but the alarm doesn't arm when you walk away which defeats the whole idea of being keyless in my mind.

In fairness much of the above are niggles, Vauxhall are heading the right way, but maybe take it back up a couple of inches. Overall we like the car and I'm looking forward to the first road trip.

If anyone else has thoughts or any questions I'd be interested to hear.

·
Administrator
10,731 Posts
So you actually have it in your possession as opposed to having ordered it, this must be a first. (y)
Regarding the keyless entry, has it not got a button to press (on door handle) when the fob is in your pocket?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, yes picked it up last Friday.So for the alarm as far as I can make it there is a little sensor on the door handle you have to press twice before u walk away which sets the alarm. Bit odd but may be me I guess.

·
Administrator
10,731 Posts
Congratulations on obtaining the New Mokka and relating to the keyless entry, I was quiet content with a key/fob which served its purpose. :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
We need plenty of photos please :unsure:
We are getting the electric ⚡ version on Thursday for a 24hour test drive (y). Depending on the money (and if the Mrs likes it) it could well turn out to be our fourth Mokka :eek:. Only time will tell...

·
Registered
57 Posts
So, after a whole day test driving the new Mokka e we decided that it really was suitable as our next car…possibly :unsure: The dealership are putting together a couple of quotes as we are still not 100% committed to going fully electric. Our garage is at the back of our house (with no existing electricity supply) and our consumer unit is at the very front! With this in mind we have asked the dealership to show us figures for both electric and the eight speed auto petrol version. Should make for some interesting reading….will let you all know how we get on ;)

Reactions: purple1753

·
Administrator
10,731 Posts
Thanks for the update and hope the quotes are acceptable.

Reactions: Griffy

·
Registered
2021 Mokka 1.2 petrol SRI Premium Nav 130
179 Posts
Test drove a Petrol SRI yesterday and was surprised by the whole car really, no comparison to my 1.4T love all the extras but drive wise felt very French (PSA group as expected).
Even didn't mind the noise from the 3 cylinder engine.
Would even had considered changing but for the low valuation of my 22 month old Mokka, but after a clean and a good run up the motorway and back on the A roads, back in love with the current one.
Will spend some money on toys for current one.🤠

·
Administrator
10,731 Posts
[QUOTE="Brother Leo
Good man that makes sense your a true Mokka enthusiast
[/QUOTE]

Wait a minute, the quote was "Would even had considered changing but for the low valuation of my 22 month old Mokka," o_O

·
Registered
2021 Mokka 1.2 petrol SRI Premium Nav 130
179 Posts
Can see your point Wellinever, I was temporarily distracted by the fancy gadgets and shiny bits.
Once I had got home and weighed things up normal brain function would have been resumed.
The savings to change to the French based option are going towards a new 2 wheel toy.
( after a few upgrades to the existing Mokka)😊😊😊😊

·
Premium Member
2015 Mokka 1.6 cdti Tech Line.& 2018 Mokka X Design Nav Ecotec S/S.1.4
23 Posts
So far we are very pleased with, a much better ride than the last one. I'll be interested to hear how you get on with the e version
Can you please explain the much better ride ? I'm on my 2nd mokka, first being the 1.6 CDTi and now have the Mokka X 1.4t.,previously having the Mercedes GLA 2.1 diesel and to be honest I find the Mokka's to be equally a good ride as the Merc. I have 19" wheels with Vredestein all season tyres fitted and can't fault the ride or handling in all conditions.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was looking at the new Mokka while my own was having its brake recall update done. I feel a bit mixed, like the new Mokka is lacking something to make it stand out from the crowd, as it looks so similar to many other new cars on the road. The interior is quite nice and the angled screen panel is a thoughtful touch.

Overall, it seems it would not have as much road presence as the older model because it looks smaller. Maybe a good, strong colour would help as the ones I looked at were all black, believe it or not.

·
Registered
2021 Mokka 1.2 Auto Launch Edition
84 Posts
So I was looking at the New Mokka manual PDF and accidentally came across something.

If you use an automatic car wash (I do as I’m disabled) you need to follow some bizarre Harry Potter spell...

Is it me or is it really overcomplicated for what it is? If I hadn’t stumbled across it I would probably damaged something.

I also found that you aren’t supposed to use jump starters either. This is in the petrol version by the way (the one I have on the way).

I’m really glad I got the manual online as I’m going to go through it with a fine tooth comb as it’s no longer a car you can just get in and drive.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts