Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just seen the Mokka being advertised on UKGold less than 3 minutes ago. It's not the same one that's been on this forum previously. Will try to record it and post if poss.

Has anyone else seen the tv advert yet.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Thats really wierd!!!!!!! I feel like i have seen it and definatley remember the guy with the beard but positive i have not seen a Mokka advert until just then!!!

·
Administrator
254 Posts
Thanks for the vid, I'll have to start fast forwarding through the adverts slower than 30x speed as I suspect I keep missing it!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dan, I was close to doing the same. Fortunately It was the first advert that showed and i hadnt grabbed the remote yet.

I did try to find the ad on the net for a much better quality one but havent had any joy yet.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Enjoy the proper ad rather than my quick camera phone production.

[TUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rzd8n0FqVDU[/TUBE]

·
Registered
506 Posts
I have to agree - the advert is rubbish
. Of course on the plus side fewer will be tempted to look at the Mokka and that should help to get the waiting list down more quickly

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think they were trying to make a statement about the inside of the car with the guy taking his brown jacket off and having a blue on underneath.

Im sure the Original advert would have been more inspiring. at leaset it shows the possibility of it being an AWD or 4x4 out on the sand.

[TUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laGbasnXX2I[/TUBE]

·
Registered
494 Posts
I saw the Mokka yesterday it was on an advert break on Sky Sports News (Friday) at about 19:30-ish. It's on the foreign channels but for Opel.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Head above parapet moment:

I work in PR/media-type stuff and even I'm confused by this ad.

Target audience: single blokes driving around the city - or single blokes who like surfing if you've seen the other ad. Really? Are single city-driving blokes who go countrysiding at the weekend really the market here?

Next, standing out from the crowd: that works for me, but a bloke steps out wearing a brown geography teacher's jacket, peels it off to reveal a completely mismatched blue shirt akin to David Tennant's Dr Who... OK, I can just about handle that, many media-types I know dress like that. I liked the fact people seemed to merge with their backgrounds, though.

But a bloke with a beard? Come on, everyone in marketing knows a bloke with a full-on sailor-like beard cannot be trusted. Conversely, is beard-bloke challenging perception? Trust this man after all, he looks like Squinny's second year primary school teacher from the late 1970s. Yeah, maybe.

So in the end, I'm not sure this ad entirely works for me, and I'm a future owner. If Vivienne Westwood got out of the car at the end of the ad I think I'd be more convinced.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hmm or you're all over analysing it and he is wearing a brown jacket when he gets out and walks towards a brown wall, so takes it off to reveal a blue shirt so as not to blend in!
Beards mean nothing nowadays, even us family dads drive on our own sometimes! Personally i spend more time looking at the car and enjoying it rather than looking at what sort of person drives it or what other people think. #justsaying

·
Registered
93 Posts
Vauxhall sponsor all the home nations football teams so wouldn't be surprised if the other new Vauxhalls pop up before full time.

My local dealer did a mail drop in today's mail. Front page of the glossy leaflet?

Yep, you guessed it...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts