Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just been in touch with VX about cambelt on a 1700cdti 4x4 and advised cambelt change is 70000 or 10 YEARS whichever comes earliest

Registered
You can change the cam belt when ever you want.
How many miles and how old is it

Super Moderator
If busboy has been in touch with Vauxhall It's certainly passing on information.

Registered
Better if they passed on the correct information though, 100k or 6 years

Banned
Better if they passed on the correct information though, 100k or 6 years
Exactly. Wow, so much pish spouted on this forum.
"just been in touch with VX about cambelt on a 1700cdti 4x4 and advised cambelt change is 70000 or 10 YEARS whichever comes earliest". Total rubbish, endorsed by moderator. FFS. This forum is unreal.

Registered
Exactly. Wow, so much pish spouted on this forum.
"just been in touch with VX about cambelt on a 1700cdti 4x4 and advised cambelt change is 70000 or 10 YEARS whichever comes earliest". Total rubbish, endorsed by moderator. FFS. This forum is unreal.
Does nothing suite this member

Registered
It tells you on the net it鈥檚 100.000 or 6yr

Registered
If busboy has been in touch with Vauxhall It's certainly passing on information.
I was quoted by Vauxhall 100,000 miles or 10 years. I have the email trail if you want it posting?

Banned

Registered
just been in touch with VX about cambelt on a 1700cdti 4x4 and advised cambelt change is 70000 or 10 YEARS whichever comes earliest
As an engineer well used to changing timing belts, I can tell you it's a good idea to change them around 5 years or 80,000 miles. The problem is that the rubber facings wears away leaving a hard shiny surface, wear between the teeth alters the timing slightly too. The result is the engine runs a little rough and rattling develops. Thus doesn't mean the belt will break, because it probably won't. But the harder surfaces of the belt causes vibration and may damage the water pump and other bearings. I had my timing and auxiliary belts, water pump and pulleys replaced recently. The mechanic showed me the old parts, they were worn but visually looked ok. Surely it's better to replace these items before something breaks, costing thousands to repair the engine. I am amazed at how much quieter and smoother the engine runs. It was 拢420 Inc vat well spent.

Registered
I agree that is of course a good idea to change the belt sooner rather than later, but wonder why an engineer well used to changing belts needed the services of a motor mechanic to do the work? as for the rest of of your lecture about vibration damage, its complete bull egg.

Registered
I've had both my Covid19 jabs, but I think they should concentrate on the covkid53 ones now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts