Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, had the mokka for about six weeks now and done just over 1000 miles so thought I would share my experiences so far with you. Although this was my 28th new car I have never owned a Vauxhall or a diesel car before. When I first took delivery I was stalling the car on a very regular basis and began to get a bit worried about it. I put it down to the engine being very tight, 1st and 2nd gears being quite high and me not being used to driving a diesel. However after a few hundred miles things freed off and I got used to it and stalling is now a thing of the past, in fact I love driving it. The manual gearbox is lovely and changing gear is so smooth, the suspension can be a bit bouncy but not at all uncomfortable. The seating and driving position is excellent, fuel consumption has averaged 63mpg since new. The heated seats are great but my favorite is the heated steering wheel, it's just brilliant. The AFL system is excellent and will be superb when the bugs are removed. The rear seats fold down very easy to extend the load area but removing the rear head restraints can be a bit fiddly. The engine is very willing and really gets a move on when pushed but it is a bit noisy/rattly in 1st and 2nd gears, I thought this noise would annoy me but to be honest I find it quite re-assuring and now it doesn't bother me at all and it has not used any oil at all so far. I do have a couple of very small gripes though --- I wish the wing mirrors folded away when the car is locked, I wish the ECO button could be switched off permanently instead of re-arming it's self every time the ignition is switched back on, I wish the driving seat arm rest was a bit more comfortable and I wish the engine would warm up quicker. Oh and the number plates and fixings are cheap and nasty. To sum up I am really impressed with the car so far, it's great to drive, the brakes, power steering and handling are superb, it's not been a minutes bother, everything works as it should (except AFL's) and I'm really pleased I bought it. Even after just a few weeks it's beginning to feel as friendly and comfortable as on old slipper. So all you guy's out there still waiting for your Mokka --- hang in there it will be well worth it when it arrives.

·
Registered
584 Posts
a good write up and I am pleased that you are content with the car. I have the diesel and have done just over 200 miles since 1.3 it's an automatic and the gear changing is very smooth and quiet. The start off is a bit sluggish but I am told by the service dept that this will improve as the computer "learns" so I live in hope. As I accelerate I can hear the turbo cut in and it wants to go. I agree with the positive comments you have made and thank you for sharing your epxperience with us

1 - 2 of 2 Posts