Registered
217 Posts
Yes only 1000 on USB. But unlimited on iPod. Pity
The interface is not user friendly.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got a few USB pen drives so its not really a problem, but also dont want to be changing all the time, so its bloomin hard deciding what to have on which ones lol.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have 1,734 music files (about 14gb) on my usb and it's working fine.

Edited by: Malpas

·
Registered
584 Posts
The file limit on a USB memory stick is surely dependent on the size of the stick and for volume will need to be in MP3 format

·
Registered
421 Posts
Blum said:
The 1000 file refers to
VAUXHALL Mokka - Infotainment Manual - Model Year 2013
Obviouslythat'saceilingVauxhall/Opel/GM have placed upon the capabilities of their systems. Heaven knows why? It's a travesty that needs sorting ASAP!
How am I going to manage without my full collection . . . .

·
Registered
584 Posts
1000 songs lasts about 30 hrs

·
Registered
204 Posts
Well, if an average song last for 4 minutes, that equals 4000 minutes of music.
4000 minutes of music divided with 60 minutes results in approximately 66,66 hours of music.
That's enough to keep me happy for a while.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Does anyone want a photo of the car display to prove that i have 1,734 music files on a 32gb USB?

The 1,000 file limit is not true even if it does say so in the manual.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Hi Malpas, you might want to take a photo, there are some that wont believe it until they see it. I take it that all play and it doesn't just play the first 1,000? Have you got them all in the root directory or arranged into sub folders.

What ever happened to Alice Deejay Spireite? And what pray tell is Naughty Miranda?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Most of mine in 60's and smaller in size, but I agree there's many hours of music

·
Registered
633 Posts
i) How do you do a count of files on the usb stick?
ii) My files include 59 Steptoes, 101 Hancocks Half Hours and 75 Dads Army.
DOS shows

That's 97 hours if each is 25 minutes

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
are you searching just for mp3 files or all files? in the case of the latter you might pick up some playlist and image files.

·
Registered
421 Posts
DietCokeBloke said:
Hi Malpas, you might want to take a photo, there are some that wont believe it until they see it. I take it that all play and it doesn't just play the first 1,000? Have you got them all in the root directory or arranged into sub folders.

What ever happened to Alice Deejay Spireite? And what pray tell is Naughty Miranda?
YouTube Link -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqcvuJ3LhNgJust a blast from a very happy past!

·
Registered
633 Posts
DietCokeBloke said:
are you searching just for mp3 files or all files?
in the case of the latter you might pick up some playlist and image
files.
I had a blank (formated) usb stick, create a directory for each 'Album' eg
" BBC Hancock" and copy mp3s into it, don't think it takes images and I create playlists the same way.

Edited by: Blum

·
Registered
14 Posts

As you can see 1,736 mp3 files (about 14gb) on a 32gb USB.

The format is artist folders with the albums as sub folders and they all play.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Go onto Windows Explorer on you computer and right click on your music directory and choose properties general it will tell you the amount of files and folders.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Malpas said:
Go onto Windows Explorer on you computer and right click on your music directory and choose properties general it will tell you the amount of files and folders.
Malpas, that works with files on the PC, but if I have selected some, and created folders on a flash drive the only way I can count them is with a DOS command.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts