Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my mokka yesterday. The Pdi was completed to a good standard and my dealer had kept me informed via emails throughout my wait for my mokka although I will have to return at a later date for the rear mudflaps which as we all know are in short supply.
Went on a short test run in daylight. The engine had a slight growl but only a little more than my Skoda Octavia 1.9Tdi and had a smooth and easily selected gearbox operation. No sign of any wind noise although there was slight tyre noise on the road so will need to check what tyre pressure they have been set to by the dealer, comfort or economy and alter to see if it changes when using the vehicle. The vehicle accelerated well and there was no dicernable bounce of the vehicle as it traversed the road. Vehicle gripped the road well when cornering with little body roll. Lane departure worked well and the warning sound was non aggravating.
There was no cutting out of the engine at low speeds when cornering as some have experienced in 2nd gear. Engine stop/start worked well when used. If you do intend not to use then you need to remember to switch off when entering and starting the vehicle as it resets when engine is switched off and restarted. Both front and rear parking sensors worked well, the front is audio/visual with the rear audible only.
Noticed that internal rear view mirror adjustment was poor and I had to place my seat to the lower level to fully view the road behind when I would prefer to be seated higher.
Went out later when it was dark lights appeared to bounce/flicker very little. Afl's were reprogrammed with newly issued software program before collection of the vehicle so I am unable to say what they would have been like if that had not been done. Lights were set on auto so dipped automatically according to road lighting conditions and traffic in front or opposing. No one flashed me during my run which would appear to suggest that they were operating correctly although more time will neededto be assess this further. Edited by: Mokkadna

·
Registered
767 Posts
Mokkadna said:
Noticed that internal rear view mirror adjustment was poor and I had to place my seat to the lower level to fully view the road behind when I would prefer to be seated higher.
I had the same. I like my seat up high & I am quite tall in the saddle anyway so the mirror seemed a bit low. What I tried was to pull the mirror down & then wiggle it a bit as I pushed it up again. It did the trickas itended up with a bit more of an angle soI can have the seat up high again.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Flat Eric said:
Mokkadna said:

I had the same. I like my seat up high & I am quite tall in the saddle anyway so the mirror seemed a bit low. What I tried was to pull the mirror down & then wiggle it a bit as I pushed it up again. It did the trick as it ended up with a bit more of an angle so I can have the seat up high again.  
Thanks for that Mark. I will let give it a try.

·
Registered
421 Posts
BSM? Chatsworth Road? I initially went there, but the sales guy I got was more interested in showing me his "awesome customer service" awards.
Last bought a car there in 1984, when it was Blake's, my last Vauxhall, a tidy little Nova!
Ended up in Mansfailed <spit> this time.
Hope you enjoy it!
How was Florida?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Spireite said:
BSM? Chatsworth Road? I initially went there, but the sales guy I got was more interested in showing me his "awesome customer service" awards.
Last bought a car there in 1984, when it was Blake's, my last Vauxhall, a tidy little Nova!
Ended up in Mansfailed <spit> this time.
Hope you enjoy it!
How was Florida?
Yes it is BSM.
It was also Blakes when I last bought a Vauxhall Frontera used car from there, and like you it was in 1994. I thought my experience of it was great, so much so that (I know the frontera was not a really liked car by the media etc) that I kept it for over 10 years before changing to a couple of Skoda Octavia's for 8 years or so.
Main reason for BSM was the fact that it is close to where I live. I do like to use the dealer I bought from for servicing etc during the warranty (I know you don't have to) but it was a pain travelling to Rainworth for servicing or if the car needed any other work to be done on it. Used Noble Motorsport when the warranty had expired.
Moderators will be onto us for going off topic here.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Technically you're reviewing the dealers as well, but its not me you have to worry about. Lol

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mokkadna said:
Flat Eric said:
Mokkadna said:

I had the same. I like my seat up high & I am quite tall in the saddle anyway so the mirror seemed a bit low. What I tried was to pull the mirror down & then wiggle it a bit as I pushed it up again. It did the trick as it ended up with a bit more of an angle so I can have the seat up high again.  
Thanks for that Mark. I will let give it a try.
Tried your tip Mark. Worked a treat and now able to have the seat high up again and still have adjustment left.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts