Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I'm not just new to the Mokka, I'm new to Vauxhall. In fact I've not ordered a car yet. I just lust after an SE Mokka in deep espresso with the saddle up interior. It's the engine I'd like to know more about. The 1.7 diesel is, I understand, quite an old design. I've seen some issues with fuel consumption not being what it should be for a modern engine. Is this true and what is the general reliability like?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well mines done 3300 miles now and its not broken down once! Seriously though, i'm new to Vauxhall's too and i'm impressed with it. I drove to Newcastle and back today (550 miles) and averaged 47mpg according to the digital display. Last week I drove to Rugby and back (370 miles) and averaged 56 mpg. Mine is a 4x4.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds impressive. What are the noise levels like on the motorway. My wife has aVW Polo bluemotion 3 cyl so we are used to a bit of noise.

·
Registered
59 Posts
warrenc - i live in rugby, glad i didn't see your Mokka or i'd of been even more green with envy lol i've not yet seen one otr

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I've not seen one on the road. Only seen one on a service station forecourt.
Surprising really when you consider how frugal they are on fuel.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi hot mokka,

This is my third vauxhall having previously owned two Zafiras.
The 1st was a 2.0ltr CDTi - t'was a good runner although I started to suffer problems with the engine losing power whem motorway driving so decided to change it.
The 2nd was a 1.9ltr SRi diesel - a big improvement over the previous model with the added benefit of the sports button (tho too tight to use it often). I did notice a change in engine noise when the Zafira was cleaning the diesel particle filter (initially thought there was something seriously wrong but later realised t'was the filter cleaning process).
So onto my Mokka - a much better drive than both Zafira's, however u have to put your foot down in low gear due to the torque levels; aaaaand the noise level of the engine is far more noticeable than my previous Zafiras. This is noticeable in lower gears but I found when motorway driving the engine noise is not that big a deal and barely raises the noise level over the sound of the radio.

All in all the diesel engine is noisy in low gears but improves when travelling on faster roads and in higher gears (i dont mind this as I am used to driving diesels in work too)

·
Registered
236 Posts
The 1.7 does sound a little clattery but then again their meant to. The diesel I've drove was a Skoda/Audi/VW common rail 2 litre. The power was unlike other diesels where it comes in chunks of power the power from the vag engine is very linear almost petrol like. And didn't sound as bad as most diesels

·
Registered
633 Posts
With the automatic, I would have to put it in 'manual mode' to achieve revs over 2000 or use kick down, quiet as all my other diesels from inside the car unless I floor it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts