Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys and girls..

We had out Mokka for just over a week now. I have noticed that whilst in 4th gear, we seem to get a very light vibration on the gear stick. Feels like a buckled wheel feeling, but its not the wheels as there's no vibration in any of the other gears at a similar speed. Has anybody else noticed this before I contact the dealer to report it ?

Many thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update:-

We are having our gear control mechanism and cables replaced within the
next 2 weeks when the parts arrive from Germany.
This is to try and
remedy the vibration we are getting through the gear lever when in 4th gear.

Will keep this thread updated until the problem is sorted or we reject the car..

aMokka

·
Registered
137 Posts
I hadn't stumbled across this thread previously - Thanks for the info - will be interesting to see if this is a one-off - Good Luck!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We had the warranty work done yesterday to try and remedy the problem with the gear stick vibrating whilst in 4th gear.(very annoying) They reckon they have replaced the gear lever gate mechanism and the cables going to the gearbox..

Picked car up after dealer called and drove it home. Guess what... The vibration is still there, its about 10% less but still noticeable !!!

I took car out today and happened to look down at the gear lever top, to my amazement there is damage to the top of it now which wasn't there when i dropped it off yesterday (had fore though to take pic of gear lever and the surround before i gave the dealer the key) . Where the gear numbers are under the clear plastic there's now cracks all around the top edge. Looks like the person doing the warranty work has dropped the gear stick mechanism on the floor or something.

Waiting for a response from VCS, not very happy at all...

amokka.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Good for you - I also took photos - CSI style when my brand new Astra was "probably" requiring the dashboard to be removed and refitted at 500 miles - better to have the evidence rather than your word vs their's Ours did not need complete dismantling - thankfully -

All the best!!
SD

·
Registered
584 Posts
Warranty issues and or damage complaints surely should be referred to the dealer and not VCS

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just getting a bit tired of going to this dealer all the time, this is the 4th time with this problem. I have to arrange all of this around my work, taking time out to drive to the dealers and having to squabble over a hire car every time (as its a warranty issue) so I can go about life as I have a 10 week old baby. Its becoming tiring to say the least, and now there's damage been done I am really not pleased at all and will not be using that dealer again. I just want the car to be as it should and not have this problem. So I want VCS to rectify it as I am getting to the point of rejecting the car now. I got the mokka as I was having so many problems with my Vectra, I thought get a new car and it will all be nice for when we have the baby, but not so.....

I must also explain that the dealer I have been using for the warranty work is not the dealer I bought the car from. The dealer I got it off is over 100 miles away, so there's going to be a lot of hassle if I decide to reject the car, will mean taking the car back then having to get a train/bus back home.

If VCS can sort a dealer out that can make the car work as it should and not damage the car I will be happy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts