Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I’ve seen a few threads asking about P0299 code on the new 1.6 cdti engines Mokka. I am having this issue on my 2016 model with 54000 on the clock. Garage diagnosed a faulty EGR and replaced it with no effect on performance and still going into limp mode. Then the inlet manifold was removed and cleaned out as it was full of black gunk. Still the same. They said the next step would be to replace the turbo but the turbo appears to be working and producing boost but this hasn’t been checked with a boost gauge yet. Has anyone got to the bottom of this issue?
Only code is P0299 nothing else.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm currently having the same problem. My DPF clogged up so took it into get cleaned and they diagnosed the EGR as causing the issue as to why it wouldn't do the regen. They replaced the EGR yesterday after cleaning the previous one which has cleared the EGR fault and cleaned the DPF so that's 2 issues solved. I am getting a underboost issue but it only happens around the 65-70 mph mark in any gear. The mechanic has done vacuum tests and smoke tests and checked the pressure while driving (which shows as correct) on it so far but it's not showing any sign of leaks, and the turbo is working below the 65-70 mph range so it may be something other than needing a new turbo.

Sounds like they should be doing a few other tests for you rather than just going straight to a new turbo. Have you found that the turbo works up to a point or have they just left it in limp mode for you? May be worth your while seeing about getting a code/diagnostic tool and taking it out of limp mode to see if there is a specific point it kicks in as there are a few things that can cause underboost and they will probably be a cheaper fix than a new turbo.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm currently having a P0299 code problem. My DPF clogged up so took it into get cleaned and they diagnosed the EGR as causing the issue as to why it wouldn't do the regen. They cleaned the EGR but to no avail so replaced previous one which has cleared the EGR fault and cleaned the DPF so that's 2 issues solved. I am getting a underboost issue but it only happens around the 65-70 mph mark in any gear. The mechanic has done vacuum tests and smoke tests and checked the pressure while driving (which shows as correct) on it so far but it's not showing any sign of leaks, and the turbo is working below the 65-70 mph range so it may be something other than needing a new turbo.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be the resolve to this issue?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi. Thanks for your reply. I’m having the exact same issue. This is my friends car and he had it in a garage and they changed the EGR as the worm drive was shredded. I’ve had the manifold off and it was dirty so cleaned and refitted. No difference. Took the turbo off and cleaned it. No difference. Checked all actuators and vacuums and they’re all working as they should. I’m going to take the EGR cooler off today to see if there’s anything wrong there. Car drives exactly as yours does. Definitely not turbo related as the turbo is producing enough boost without any leaks. If you drive the car around town and don’t thrash it then it won’t go into limp mode but does run a bit lumpy. As soon as you plant the pedal and ask for some power it jumps into limp mode.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah that’s what I mean. When I ask it for some power and speed it builds up to around that speed then goes into limp mode.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Finally got it sorted today. So I'd had the egr replaced, then the dpf cleaned (terraclean) still had underboost at that point. So next step was cleaned the egr cooler and left with a map sensor code. Replaced map sensor and its back in running order. Hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi. Thanks for the update. I’ve done all of the above with no change but I haven’t changed any sensors as I was assured by an auto electrician that it wasn’t an electrical fault. I’ll look into it. Cheers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. Thanks for the update. I’ve done all of the above with no change but I haven’t changed any sensors as I was assured by an auto electrician that it wasn’t an electrical fault. I’ll look into it. Cheers.
Hi Chief, Did you manage to get your problem resolved. ??, i have the exact same issue. MAP sensor ordered .....

Cheers

John

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all. I’ve seen a few threads asking about P0299 code on the new 1.6 cdti engines Mokka. I am having this issue on my 2016 model with 54000 on the clock. Garage diagnosed a faulty EGR and replaced it with no effect on performance and still going into limp mode. Then the inlet manifold was removed and cleaned out as it was full of black gunk. Still the same. They said the next step would be to replace the turbo but the turbo appears to be working and producing boost but this hasn’t been checked with a boost gauge yet. Has anyone got to the bottom of this issue?
Only code is P0299 nothing else.
Hi all,

I don't have mokka but want to share my friend's experience. He has Mokka 2016 1.6 cdti. He had the fault P0299 and amber engine check light as well as limp mode (would go back to normal if the engine was shut down for a longer time period but then would come back when you try to quickly accelerate). So we did some research and based on the info we found we checked the EGR - it was fine (clean, etc.) and cleaned the MAP (Manifold Air Pressure) sensor as it was very dirty - didn't help, still had the same issue. So as the next step we replaced the already mentioned MAP sensor - and this solved the problem.
So advise from my side - if you have the above-mentioned issue (exactly the same) start with the MAP sensor, it is not very expensive and is easy to replace. If that doesn't help, check the EGR and turbine vacuum lines and leave the turbo as the last thing to check/replace as it is the most expensive part to fix and if you have under 100k mileage it is very unlikely that there is something wrong with it.

Hope this helps - friendly Aircraft Technical Services Engineer from Latvia.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

I don't have mokka but want to share my friend's experience. He has Mokka 2016 1.6 cdti. He had the fault P0299 and amber engine check light as well as limp mode (would go back to normal if the engine was shut down for a longer time period but then would come back when you try to quickly accelerate). So we did some research and based on the info we found we checked the EGR - it was fine (clean, etc.) and cleaned the MAP (Manifold Air Pressure) sensor as it was very dirty - didn't help, still had the same issue. So as the next step we replaced the already mentioned MAP sensor - and this solved the problem.
So advise from my side - if you have the above-mentioned issue (exactly the same) start with the MAP sensor, it is not very expensive and is easy to replace. If that doesn't help, check the EGR and turbine vacuum lines and leave the turbo as the last thing to check/replace as it is the most expensive part to fix and if you have under 100k mileage it is very unlikely that there is something wrong with it.

Hope this helps - friendly Aircraft Technical Services Engineer from Latvia.
Had this problem too. MAP sensor reading 7kpa constantly. Replaced sensor and cleared error code. Running lovely now. PART NO 55593802.Hope this helps

1 - 12 of 12 Posts