Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I've been browsing the forums but I can't find any post on the 1.4T consumption. I mean the 'real life', not the list values. Any of the proud owners could give me some reference? Thank you.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'm getting 38mpg and I'm not driving like miss daisy. Mainly urban routes. With occasional dual carriageways no motorways

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That makes something around 6.2 litres/100 km, right? Thats very good news. I've read some magazine testers complaining about 9 or more litres per 100km. I guess those guys push the pedal to the floor in their tests.

Thank you.

·
Registered
584 Posts
now according to my maths thats 45.7mpg and I cannot see how thats good news!

·
Registered
196 Posts
As a true petrol head I think it's excellent news. I get 40mpg from my corsa1.4 and 25 mpg from my Insignia 2.0T on Urban routes

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry, I used a US gallon conversor. The Harper31 38mpg means 7.4 litres/100km. That's no so good news. But for a mainly urban drive I think it's not as far from the specifications as I had read somewhere.

·
Registered
584 Posts
just checked mine after 300 odd miles in my 1.7TDi and its done 55.3mpg, very happy with that. Going away for the weekend and will reset it and see what it does, quite a lot of the trip will be on cruise

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'm going for a little trip to mother in laws (motorway) over the weekend ill reset and report back.

Jcol El Aleph asked for the consumption on the 1.4 turbo 4x4. I don't think he's interested in your mpg.

Cheers

Tim

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm going to Leicester tomorrow so that will be a 250 mile round trip - I'll reset the trip on mine and see what the mpg.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I didn't mean to start any 'consumption war' in the forums. Obviously diesel engines have lower fuel consumption. I am sure all of us have good reasons for the engine choice we have done for our Mokkas. In my case the reasons are:

- Pollution
- Smoothnes
- Noise
- Low yearly milleage
- Short trips

If I was intended to do an intensive use of the car I surely had opted for diesel. I assume this choice will mean a higher fuel bill, but it's ok for me.

·
Registered
236 Posts
The 1.7 diesel sounds like a bag of nails. The VAG 2.0 TDI is far better more powerful and more refined. They should of fitted the 2.0 litre diesel in the Mokka.
I don't do enough miles to have a diesel

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.