Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi every one just a quick question does anyone know if the turbo on a 1.4 works all the time or does it kick in at certain revs thanks

·
Super Moderator
9,506 Posts
Our 1.4t auto 4x4 can be driven quiet sedately, but kick down, turbo engages and you are back in the seat.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Yes I agree with a Wellinever. It's much quicker than my previous diesel 1.7 manual. In fact for an auto/4x4 combination it's awsome in my opinion. I love it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Has anyone looked into remapping your 1.4 turbo.. I'm debating wether to do it yet or wait until warranty runs out. Making it 175bhp is very tempting

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Don't bother with maps on the 1.4t because it will lead to all sorts of trouble in the future -- these engines are not designed to be driven like it's been stolen they are not vxr's which had internal engine tweeks such as forged pistons with oil spray jets and other accossiated mods -- playing about with the boost and fuelling on a 1.4t will in the end prove to be a rather expensive exercise indeed -- don't even think about it 1.4 has a diddy turbo and actuator which are not up the job of producing safe upgrades when it's mapped and tuners will tell you everything will be ok but can't guarantee it -- get a vxr not a remapped mokka

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for letting me know didn't really think about the long term.. these remap company's only mention the benefits and never anything negative. Why spoil a good car eh

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for letting me know didn't really think about the long term.. these remap company's only mention the benefits and never anything negative. Why spoil a good car eh
I have had my 2014 1.4t Auto remap dome and it defo makes it drive better.
no longer feel it struggles to over take etc
Much better drive and touch wood 18k miles in no issues

·
Super Moderator
9,506 Posts
We had two 1.4t auto's both from new and never experienced any struggle to overtake, in fact quite the opposite as mentioned in above post #2.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts