Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Car is 18 months old and has done 14k. I've only had the car a few months and oil is rather black - showing 5%. I suspect the oil has never been changed before. I'm not a fan of "extended" service lives and as I do a lot of short journeys I'm going to do an oil change myself. Went to local dealer and was offered 2 different filters - one was £20 and the other was £40!!! Parts guy didn't know which one I needed but agreed to refund the one not used. Both filters are the same size but the expensive one has a spring on the bottom. Anyone else come across this? Thanks.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Have a look on top of the oil filter housing on the car, if the top is a brownish colour it
is a UFI filter, with a spring the dearer one, if black, it is the cheaper one, the make is
also stamped on the front facing side of the housing, two different filter housings
are fitted for some strange reason

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
You should have got a service book with the car, did it not have the first year service stamp?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks for the advice. Fortunately it was the cheaper filter. Good job I decided to change the filter as it hadn't been fitted properly - it was all squashed up at the top and clearly hadn't been clipped in properly! Last service was carried out by main dealer at 9k (approx 1 year old). Not the same dealer I purchased from so I can't have a moan unfortunately.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Why would you not complain? A main Dealer has a mission statement to give the best customer service.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts