FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Vauxhall / Opel Mokka forums and owners club!

Our forums allow you to post your pre-ordering information and questions, news, spy shots, running and maintaining your Mokka and anything else Mokka related! Introduce yourself in the Newbies forum and say hello to fellow Mokka Owners

Tight fit for new Mokka

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mickey View Drop Down
Mokka Newbie
Mokka Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tight fit for new Mokka
    Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 2:12pm
Had my new Mokka 6 months now and very pleased with it . I like the higher seating position and find the 6 speed auto box  great and very smooth.Only gripe is the centre armrest for the driver is too high to be comfortable (maybe designed that way to make you keep both hands at 10 past 10).
Photo shows the tight fit in the garage , can anybody beat that.uploads/5414/mokka_004.jpg  

Sponsored Links

grjstaples View Drop Down
Mokka Groupie
Mokka Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grjstaples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 2:25pm
Dont for get to put some old carpet on the wall along side the doors to stop the odd scuff - especially over the pillars - and stick an old tyre against the wall in front (not on a rim) so worst case you can gently roll up to it and not damage the car as it will give

Pretty much the same as us - we had to change to a roller door as the arc of the old door as it closed was too close for comfort

It also gives us slightly more length for the car

Wife has made me put the ladders along the length of the garage up high to get the car in as its her pride and joy
MOKKA 1.4 SE automatic, aftermarket reversing camera
Brother Leo View Drop Down
Mokka Senior
Mokka Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brother Leo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 6:44pm
Think I must have a sunroof as a means of getting out as I don't think the average human being would be able to get out of it using the door there's just not enough room -- lol
Happychappy View Drop Down
Mokka Groupie
Mokka Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happychappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 10:08pm
What’s wrong wit( using the tailgate? Lol
mickey View Drop Down
Mokka Newbie
Mokka Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 10:42am
To get the car in is as follows -door width at narrowest point which is the door arm runners is 203.2cms and the Mokka with the mirrors out is 203.8 cms wide, so drive in very very slow and retract mirrors, as soon as getting past the narrow bit mirrors out to judge the correct distance from the door frame for correct positioning in the garage. I am lucky to be on the slim side and bendable.
 Thanks for your replies , just love this site..     
Mokka Groupie
Mokka Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happychappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 11:19am
Bendable?

You sound like Houdini!
Markp90 View Drop Down
Mokka Groupie
Mokka Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markp90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 11:33am

I've got the opposite problem, plenty of space to the side (its a double garage) but the previous owners built a utility room into the back of the garage so my Mokkas back bumper touches the back wall (which has a thick carpet folded over double to stop scuffing) and the licence plate touches the garage door if I don't get it in there perfectly square! You should hear the racket from the parking sensors!! LOL

I'll Be Black 1.7 CDTI SE 4x4 (184BHP Re-map)
grjstaples View Drop Down
Mokka Groupie
Mokka Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grjstaples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 2:35pm
Recomend a roller door we had it fitted right to the front/outside edge of the entrance - sfter having it widened by 2 inches per side and it fits great - moving the door gained us 4 inches as the up and over door was fitted to the inner edge and the roller door drops down in its own channel so you can check it with a length of wood to check its in ok before dropping the door

It was at the £700 a great investment and its also alarmed
MOKKA 1.4 SE automatic, aftermarket reversing camera
Mokka Groupie
Mokka Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happychappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 3:27pm
Or perhaps a sectional door?

We had these fitted a few years back and are extremely happy with them.

They are silent in operation, look fantastic, more in keeping with a residential home and insulate the garage and room above.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic