FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Vauxhall / Opel Mokka forums and owners club!

Our forums allow you to post your pre-ordering information and questions, news, spy shots, running and maintaining your Mokka and anything else Mokka related! Introduce yourself in the Newbies forum and say hello to fellow Mokka Owners

Snowflake White

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
mokkawannabe View Drop Down
Mokka Newbie
Mokka Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mokkawannabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Snowflake White
    Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 5:11pm
Does anyone have any pictures of a Mokka in snowflake white?

I am looking at ordering one, but haven't seen this yet and want to see how it compares to summit white as to whether it is worth the extra money. I like the Kuga pearlescent white and wanted to see if it was anything like that?

Help please anyone...? Smile
Sponsored Links

Dangerousdavies View Drop Down
Mokka Newbie
Mokka Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dangerousdavies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 8:47pm
what part of country are you ?? I've seen one in slaters colwyn Bay it was nice same as Kuga. 
mokkawannabe View Drop Down
Mokka Newbie
Mokka Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mokkawannabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 9:01pm
I'm in Northampton area!
Does it have the bluey tinge that the kuga has?  I really want to see one...our local dealer was useless and just said all the whites ae much of a muchness!
Dangerousdavies View Drop Down
Mokka Newbie
Mokka Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dangerousdavies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 9:22pm
Hi it was in the showroom not outside which is not the same but i dont think it did it was more like the Lexus metallic white, I've got the summit white which is very nice had it almost 2 weeks now SE Auto 1,7cdti very pleased with it.    
MokkaFokka View Drop Down
Mokka Newbie
Mokka Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MokkaFokka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2013 at 10:47am
I saw a snowflake white and summit white next to each other a few weeks ago. My honest opinion.....i could not tell them apart. The snowflake does have a two tone look when you're up close, however the two tone is a darker shade (it's pretty hard to explain on paper! Wacko
 Now the biggest factor between the comparison was this fab weather us Brits have dealt with that Serbia kindly sent our way.... I reckon, in the summer months, with the sun beaming off the gorgeous Mokka(s), you couldn't tell the difference between the Snowflake or Summit white. 

This is why I opted for Summit, couldn't really justify the extra cash for paint which is probably used in the Summit White but with a few extra sparkles chucked in Big smile
1.7 CDTI TechLine Manual Summit White, FWD + AFL
Love Stallion View Drop Down
Mokka Expert
Mokka Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Love Stallion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2013 at 10:51am
When i ordered mine in Summit it didn't really go into too  much detail so when it arrived and i noticed the paint had a pearlescence / sparkle to it i wondered if they had actually put the wrong paint on.
MokkaFokka View Drop Down
Mokka Newbie
Mokka Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MokkaFokka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2013 at 10:57am
Don't tell me Vauxhall made a mistake? LOL 

I bet if you parked next to another Mokka in Snowflake White and got someone to tell the difference, they wouldn't be able to! You do have to look close, and I mean close to tell the difference. 

If you haven't ordered yet, hold out for a couple of weeks to see how this new Orange will look.....I have a feeling it could be pretty close to the Sportage orange, almost 'Burnt'?
1.7 CDTI TechLine Manual Summit White, FWD + AFL
Skavish2003 View Drop Down
Mokka Groupie
Mokka Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skavish2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2013 at 3:54pm
I don't think it sparkles as it not a metallic paint? It's pearlescent so it should just look a bit glossy at different angles( like a pearl) like others said is it worth 700? I doubt it. Would like to park mine next to a snowflake and take a photo tho. If you got monies to burn get the pearlescent ;)

Edited by Skavish2003 - 11 Apr 2013 at 3:55pm
Number Six View Drop Down
Mokka Expert
Mokka Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Number Six Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2013 at 4:00pm
I saw both whites next to each other during their PDIs . Whilst both dirty , the Summit appeared brighter by far . I would imagine that the pearlescent  paint requires good light for any effect to be noted , so this Sunday would be a suitable day to compare the finishes if you have access to compare them outside . Personally , I don't believe it is worth the premium . I also am upset that VX charges for the Summit White where it is a no cost option for the Trax .
1.7cdti SE Summit White
Skavish2003 View Drop Down
Mokka Groupie
Mokka Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skavish2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2013 at 4:07pm
They charge for all paints apart from a flat base royal blue don't they? It's all business.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic