FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Vauxhall / Opel Mokka forums and owners club!

Our forums allow you to post your pre-ordering information and questions, news, spy shots, running and maintaining your Mokka and anything else Mokka related! Introduce yourself in the Newbies forum and say hello to fellow Mokka Owners

Permanently Disconnect The Stop/Start

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Mok7Tick View Drop Down
Mokka Newbie
Mokka Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mok7Tick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Permanently Disconnect The Stop/Start
    Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 3:04pm
Permanently Disconnect The Stop/Start.

Can a fuse be pulled to turn off for good. ?
Yes I know you can turn it of per trip but my 3 remaining brain cells I have I forget.
Mokka X, Boracay Blue, 1.6CDTi ecoFlex, Active.
136 ps year2017

I search the forum before I post !.
Also had a good look at the manuals.
Thanks for all who Answer.
Michael South-Derbyshire.UK, Earth.
Sponsored Links

Markp90 View Drop Down
Mokka Groupie
Mokka Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markp90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 8:25am
Following
I'll Be Black 1.7 CDTI SE 4x4 (184BHP Re-map)
Harmand View Drop Down
Mokka Newbie
Mokka Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harmand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 7:47am
I'm afraid such a desire (turn off the annoying Stop/Start) is considered quite badly nowadays, as that "feature" somehow pretends to usefully deal with ecology.
The S/S mechanism was introduced just to reduce (only from a statistical point of view) filthy emissions, so your desire to turn it off makes you an enemy of such noble task, i.e. a quite bad person, an active and smug supporter of environmental pollution.

In more polite words: as the S/S mechanism significantly contributes (formally) to make your car
worthy of its euroX classification, permanent disabling was intentionally made impossible.

It seems, however, that some cars with automatic gearbox have no S/S at all; they steadily behave like those ancient vehicles whose engines used to start and stop only when and where the drivers wanted them to. I wonder how those cars can have the same EuroX classification as the S/S ones.

Mok7Tick View Drop Down
Mokka Newbie
Mokka Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mok7Tick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 7:32pm
Our cars going in to have all s/s looked at by the dealers for two days this week.

We have had lots of problems since new 3000 miles ago.
Failing to start at many places, traffic lights, que's, islands etc etc and lots of irate drivers at the back, it,s been in once before and it failed on the way there but they could not make it fail.

We have another odd problem that does not happen as long as s/s is turned off and that is lack of throttle response, it can happen in any gear.
eg you can be driving a long and say get to a 30 mph speed area so take your foot off the throttle get down to 30 mph, then if your speed drops off put your foot down again, then No response from the engine for 5 to 10 seconds, then a judder when the power comes back on.
The worst one it happened at a major junction controlled by traffic lights and it was on an slight incline, slowed down in 4th gear, lights still on green, put foot down on throttle to have enough power to get through this large junction, nothing ! No response from the engine (The engine does not cut out or stop it is still running ! ) Trying to change down did nothing, can now doing 10 mph and we are nearly past the far lights and on the road we want, I was thinking about pulling over at the side of the road when all of a sudden with a jolt the engine comes back to life and worked well for the rest of our trip .
VH have said they have not heard of that fault.

Just imagine it happening at 70 mph on a motorway !

Another thing it is causing is the engine dying after starting off (not a stall ) in 1st gear after a short distance. Other posts about that on the forum.
This does not happen if s/s is turned off !

Good item on stop/start (not sure why it is on Ebay) .
http://www.ebay.co.uk/gds/Stop-Start-Operation-Vauxhall-/10000000205610844/g.html

Edited by Mok7Tick - 15 Feb 2018 at 5:23pm
136 ps year2017

Markp90 View Drop Down
Mokka Groupie
Mokka Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markp90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 8:39am
That item/link has been removed, what was it for?
wellinever View Drop Down
Mokka Moderator
Mokka Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wellinever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 11:27am
Just tried it and its active, entitled 'Stop Start Operation Vauxhall.'

Tech Line 1.4t (140PS) Fwd Automatic,rear-view camera, velvet red.
Ordered, Design Nav 1.4t 4x4 auto,(152PS) Lava Red, winter pack, rear-camera, preferred/deferred delivery 1st March 2017.
Markp90 View Drop Down
Mokka Groupie
Mokka Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markp90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 12:03pm
Weird when I click on it it comes up with this;

Mok7Tick View Drop Down
Mokka Newbie
Mokka Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mok7Tick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 12:14pm
It's odd that it is on ebay , I could not find the article on there web site.
136 ps year2017

Chatman View Drop Down
Mokka Groupie
Mokka Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Mok7Tick Mok7Tick wrote:

It's odd that it is on ebay , I could not find the article on there web site.

Does seem an odd place to put this kind of article on a predominantly and auction site 
MY16 Mokka Exclusive 1.6 cdti Whisper Diesel (136ps)
Mok7Tick View Drop Down
Mokka Newbie
Mokka Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mok7Tick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 1:01am
Car spent two days at dealers and they could not find any problems with it, no logs,
So I dive the car home and the S/S decides to cut the engine even though I am doing 20mph and restarts it again without me stopping !.
You can see why I want to pull the fuse.
136 ps year2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic