FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Vauxhall / Opel Mokka forums and owners club!

Our forums allow you to post your pre-ordering information and questions, news, spy shots, running and maintaining your Mokka and anything else Mokka related! Introduce yourself in the Newbies forum and say hello to fellow Mokka Owners

Paint Colours

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
solidsoulja View Drop Down
Mokka Newbie
Mokka Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solidsoulja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Paint Colours
    Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 2:05pm
Hi Guys,

Basically i am looking for a solution to my problem. The problem is that i had some scratches on my interior trim of my Mokka SE Techline model.

I used the heatgun method which fixed around 90% of them, however i went abit to mad on the B Pillar Column - by the seatbelt the lower half cover.. and basically its left a rather light patch now.. 

Car is a lease car so i want to sort it out ASAP.. I am thinking of colour matching it with a plastic dye?

anybody got any expereince with this or even know the part number as i would get a spare if they are going cheap.

Cheers.
Sponsored Links

flash22 View Drop Down
Mokka Expert
Mokka Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flash22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 3:10pm
replace the trim, plastics don't retain dyes very well and never look right unless you do the whole trim what means removing the piece anyway

2014  I take it and what side is it on ?
solidsoulja View Drop Down
Mokka Newbie
Mokka Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solidsoulja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 8:00am
Sadly its on both sides now... what about colour matching a spray paint? As i said..it only needs to be temporary..its on lease...
grjstaples View Drop Down
Mokka Newbie
Mokka Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grjstaples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 11:36am
Is it not worth talking to chips away (or whatever they are called) to see what they can do - they usually quote good prices and if its a lease car then you only need it to look presentable - might be worth a go
MOKKA 1.4 SE automatic, aftermarket reversing camera
wellinever View Drop Down
Mokka Moderator
Mokka Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wellinever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 1:38pm
The only experience I have had was when our daughter (some years ago) returned her lease car. The day before I carried out a full wax/valet and considered it in excellent condition for a three year old car.
The guy went over it with his fine tooth comb+magnifying glass to find numerous faults/imperfections.
I doubt if even a showroom car would have passed his observations. Unhappy
Tech Line 1.4t (140PS) Fwd Automatic,rear-view camera, velvet red.
Ordered, Design Nav 1.4t 4x4 auto,(152PS) Lava Red, winter pack, rear-camera, preferred/deferred delivery 1st March 2017.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic