FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Vauxhall / Opel Mokka forums and owners club!

Our forums allow you to post your pre-ordering information and questions, news, spy shots, running and maintaining your Mokka and anything else Mokka related! Introduce yourself in the Newbies forum and say hello to fellow Mokka Owners

On star no longer available after 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
MokkTheWeek View Drop Down
Mokka Expert
Mokka Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MokkTheWeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 4:28pm
The first year of Onstar is included, and three months WiFi (up to 1GB iirc)
Mokka X 1.4 Auto Elite Mineral Black
Sponsored Links

Mokka Expert
Mokka Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MokkTheWeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 7:03pm
QuantumGrey4x4Bean View Drop Down
Mokka Newbie
Mokka Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QuantumGrey4x4Bean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 8:44pm
Replacement? Not exactly, this only concerns future Opel/Vauxhall models, and not the existing ones. Opel has started a "mini website" to answer On(Off)Star FAQs, that tends to indicate that nothing will be made available for the owners of existing vehicles (many or most of them GM-based, BTW).
nigelbrooks View Drop Down
Mokka Expert
Mokka Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nigelbrooks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 8:58pm
As I posted earlier the OnStar T&Cs entitles GM/PSA to withdraw the service at any time.

The fact that there will be a different service on new PSA-based vehicles is, with the greatest respect, irrelevant to drivers of current Opel/Vauxhall vehicles as no party actually has an obligation to maintain continuity of service.
Velcro - what a rip-off!
(thanks Tim Vine)
Gary View Drop Down
Mokka Expert
Mokka Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 9:56pm
Well that will do nothing to stem the exodus after their takeover. I am tempted to say something unpleasant regarding where they can relocate their cars but I will refrain in the interests of decency
Elite Nav 1.4t 4x4 auto,(152PS) Lava Red, winter pack
Mokka Expert
Mokka Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MokkTheWeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by nigelbrooks nigelbrooks wrote:

As I posted earlier the OnStar T&Cs entitles GM/PSA to withdraw the service at any time.

The fact that there will be a different service on new PSA-based vehicles is, with the greatest respect, irrelevant to drivers of current Opel/Vauxhall vehicles as no party actually has an obligation to maintain continuity of service.
 There was no suggestion of it being available to Onstar users, it will be the REPLACEMENT for Onstar. If you click the link that is blatantly obvious, just like a train replacement service is a bus! There is little possibility that the existing Onstar equipment can be adapted to use a different service but IF it can it's sure to be at the owners cost. As  a Vauxhall owner I was interested to read about it, if you're not that's up to you, but don't assume whats no longer interesting news to you is not of interest to others.
nigelbrooks View Drop Down
Mokka Expert
Mokka Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nigelbrooks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 10:36pm
I think that you may have misinterpreted both my reaction and  the sentiment of my post..

The fact that there is a replacement is irrelevant to current OnStar users. I did not claim that is was not of interest but it is a little like saying that there is a new version of iOS to an Android phone user. Interesting to know but of no functional use.

That said, surely the overarching question is "will there actually be anything resembling Vauxhall at all in December 2020?"
Velcro - what a rip-off!
(thanks Tim Vine)
Gary View Drop Down
Mokka Expert
Mokka Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 10:51pm
That said, surely the overarching question is "will there actually be anything resembling Vauxhall at all in December 2020?"
[/QUOTE]

I would suspect that the answer is no. Vauxhall will continue in name only.
Elite Nav 1.4t 4x4 auto,(152PS) Lava Red, winter pack
Mokka Expert
Mokka Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MokkTheWeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 11:32pm
Couldn't help noticing while most companies strive to achieve excellence Opel are creating 15 centres where they are hoping for nothing more than competence. As for the future of Vauxhall/Opel, the PSA buyout was the beginning of the end, 2020 will be three years nearer the end, 2025 will probably see Vauxhall assigned the same place as the Rootes Group, sales, parts and service in a shed at the back of Peugeot dealers.
QuantumGrey4x4Bean View Drop Down
Mokka Newbie
Mokka Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QuantumGrey4x4Bean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 7:27am
They are indeed entitled to cancel the service.
But they are still advertising OnStar as a safety item on their websites. Only their sites for Germany and the UK actually warn that the service is about to be discontinued. Not a word about this in other countries  (I just checked) such as for example Switzerland, Belgium, Ireland, plus certainly a few others.
PSA/O-V may be legally safe, but in terms of image, the damage will be done.
In less than one year of ownership, PSA has done more wrong than right, and brand fidelity is now for many a thing of the past. My Mokka X is still halfway between Korea and Antwerp. I anticipated their decision to discontinue the 4x4 Automatic, and knew this would be my last GM-Opel. It was now or never, after 65 years of only GM cars in the family, and already 40 for me.
I certainly share the fears of Gary and MokkTheWeek, as well as the idea of the "relocation" to a "PSA appropriate spot" for their future cars.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic