FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Vauxhall / Opel Mokka forums and owners club!

Our forums allow you to post your pre-ordering information and questions, news, spy shots, running and maintaining your Mokka and anything else Mokka related! Introduce yourself in the Newbies forum and say hello to fellow Mokka Owners

Oil level/life

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Burnslor View Drop Down
Mokka Newbie
Mokka Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Burnslor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oil level/life
    Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 7:01am
Hi, I just bought a 9 month old mokka x turbo automatic transmission. I've driven about 100 miles and the oil level has dropped by 1% already. Is this normal? At that rate I'll be changing the oil a few times a year, seems excessive.

Also is anyone else annoyed over the lack of CD player or just me?
Sponsored Links

Aztech View Drop Down
Mokka Newbie
Mokka Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aztech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 9:10am

The oil service life indicator will show a change based on time passing, even if the car is not used.    After a year it will indicate 0 percent remaining  even with low mileage, if the mileage exceeds the figures in the manual it will indicate zero sooner.

Diesels have other issues but with the petrol turbo it's fairly straightforward.

Fred7 View Drop Down
Mokka Newbie
Mokka Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 9:47am
Originally posted by Burnslor Burnslor wrote:

Hi, I just bought a 9 month old mokka x turbo automatic transmission. I've driven about 100 miles and the oil level has dropped by 1% already. Is this normal? At that rate I'll be changing the oil a few times a year, seems excessive.

Also is anyone else annoyed over the lack of CD player or just me?

The % is not an indication of the oil level. The oil level is determined by using the dip stick. The % is an indication of the life of the oil. When you get down to 2-3% it's time to change the oil and filter.

Edited by Fred7 - 12 Oct 2017 at 9:51am
flash22 View Drop Down
Mokka Moderator
Mokka Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flash22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 5:59pm
Don't think I have used a cd in any car for years, usb pen drive or put it on your phone and rip your music to mp3

Edited by flash22 - 12 Oct 2017 at 6:08pm
Burnslor View Drop Down
Mokka Newbie
Mokka Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Burnslor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 6:01pm
It's the mokka x elite. I don't mind no CD player but my partner is stuck in the 90's haha.
MokkTheWeek View Drop Down
Mokka Expert
Mokka Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MokkTheWeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 6:31pm
Car CD players are pretty much redundant these days, I would have liked to see more than one USB port though.
Mokka X 1.4 Auto Elite Mineral Black
Vron View Drop Down
Mokka Newbie
Mokka Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 5:15pm
So.. let me get this straight. If I have done only 1000 miles since my last oil and filter change 12 months ago, Vauxhall say it needs an oil and filter change. WHAT RUBBISH. This oil life countdown gimmick is nothing more than a scare mongering money making scam for the dealers. Oil simply does not degrade at that pace. 
2015 1.6cdti se Boracay Blue
nigelbrooks View Drop Down
Mokka Expert
Mokka Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nigelbrooks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 5:30pm
The Vauxhall recommended service interval is every 20,000 miles or every year (whichever occurs sooner). If you have done 100 miles in the year the service is still due if you wish to retain your warranty. Same as every other manufacturer (although the periodicity may be different).

Edited by nigelbrooks - 13 Oct 2017 at 5:30pm
Velcro - what a rip-off!
(thanks Tim Vine)
MokkTheWeek View Drop Down
Mokka Expert
Mokka Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MokkTheWeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 5:36pm
12 months or a set mileage was the norm long before oil life software to retain the warranty, after the warranty period it's up to you when you change the oil, but like you at only 1,000 miles I wouldn't be in any rush.
Mokka X 1.4 Auto Elite Mineral Black
flash22 View Drop Down
Mokka Moderator
Mokka Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flash22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 6:01pm
1000 miles in a year that's a lot of short runs and/or cold starts, it still affects the oil, if I do 700 or 12,000 miles I will still drop the oil and change the filter yearly, for the sake of £30-40 in parts
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic