FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Vauxhall / Opel Mokka forums and owners club!

Our forums allow you to post your pre-ordering information and questions, news, spy shots, running and maintaining your Mokka and anything else Mokka related! Introduce yourself in the Newbies forum and say hello to fellow Mokka Owners

Mechanical code 82 oil change

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
MokkTheWeek View Drop Down
Mokka Expert
Mokka Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MokkTheWeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 4:51pm
It must be logged, or Vauxhall would not be able to reject warranty claims, anybody making a warranty claim would reset it before they took the car in or simply say it only came on today, I've drained hundreds, maybe thousands of gallons of black oil over the years, but never out of my own cars! 

No matter how good an oil is, if its black its full of abrasive crap!

Vauxhall say the the oil must be changed within 300 miles of the oil life warning coming on, why would anybody throw away their warranty because they think they know better?
Mokka X 1.4 Auto Elite Mineral Black
Sponsored Links

flash22 View Drop Down
Mokka Moderator
Mokka Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote flash22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 5:18pm
unless its well hidden there are no viewable logs with a VCI or any scan tool (Launch, autel or snap-on), a freedom of information request will soon find if there is,

Knowing the level the dealers train there staff its doubtful that anyone apart from senior tech's at HQ will have this information.

Its only in the last 7-8 years that these systems have been in use, before its either needs changing or it doesn't, I don't need telling if it does as that should be part of your routine checks, The oil life algorithm can no way take in to account the 100,000's of possible scenarios a engine goes through.
flash22 View Drop Down
Mokka Moderator
Mokka Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote flash22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 5:29pm
A Quote from vauxhall

The oil life indicator DOES give an estimated value, based on algorithmic values of your driving style, mileage, number of cold start cycles and type of journeys undertaken (stop/start urban driving etc). Diesels also factor in the number of regens that have been carried out. 

Edited by flash22 - 12 Oct 2017 at 5:30pm
MokkTheWeek View Drop Down
Mokka Expert
Mokka Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MokkTheWeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 6:25pm
I'm not on Vauxhalls side I'm on the owners side, whether or not the system works manufacturers think it does, and not following their advice can invalidate the warranty.
Mokka X 1.4 Auto Elite Mineral Black
Kneeslider View Drop Down
Mokka Newbie
Mokka Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kneeslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 6:44pm
Thanks for all your comments people, definitely food for thought thats for sure. I always do an oil check as part of my routine anyway, but now will also check this "monitor" option too.  I will still send vauxhall a letter of complaint, although in reality I am not expecting them even to reply.  I was just infuriated that after they completed the full annual service, its only 6 months later that the oil seems to  need changing again. Very suspicious, even more so that it didnt appear in the first 6 months of use whilst driving it exactly the same and in the same conditions.  Just a big money tree.

I will let you know what the response is from Vauxhall.  Next time after the service, I will check the oil there and then and maybe even ask for the old filter. :-)  Thanks again everyone.
MokkaFokka2.0 View Drop Down
Mokka Newbie
Mokka Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MokkaFokka2.0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 1:18pm
Hi Kneeslider, I'm from Wimborne and also got my 2013 1.6 petrol SE Mokka from Eden as well 7 months ago. The 82 code has just flashed on this morning, funny enough when leaving Bournemouth!

Let me know what response you get from Eden because I am pretty angry too!

Cheers,

Wayne
flash22 View Drop Down
Mokka Moderator
Mokka Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flash22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 1:51pm
same issue and the same dealer ? bit of a coincidence don't you think, I wonder what oil there using
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic