FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Vauxhall / Opel Mokka forums and owners club!

Our forums allow you to post your pre-ordering information and questions, news, spy shots, running and maintaining your Mokka and anything else Mokka related! Introduce yourself in the Newbies forum and say hello to fellow Mokka Owners

Free to go insurance

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Hannah777 View Drop Down
Mokka Newbie
Mokka Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hannah777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Free to go insurance
    Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 8:11pm
Anyone know about the vauxhall free to go 5 day insurance?
Is it fully comprehensive cover?
Can you amend the start date because I sign up and collect a week apart due to work commitments so the 5 das would of expired when I collect it
Thanks all
Sponsored Links

wellinever View Drop Down
Mokka Moderator
Mokka Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wellinever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 11:45pm
It is fully comp and your dealership can set it up with just a phone call. 
Tech Line 1.4t (140PS) Fwd Automatic,rear-view camera, velvet red.
Ordered, Design Nav 1.4t 4x4 auto,(152PS) Lava Red, winter pack, rear-camera, preferred/deferred delivery 1st March 2017.
MokkTheWeek View Drop Down
Mokka Senior
Mokka Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MokkTheWeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 2:12am
I wouldn't "sign up" for a car before I collected it, whether you are paying cash or buying on credit you will be responsible for any uninsured damage or loss before you take possession, your legal rights if anything goes wrong with the car are also being eroded before you have opportunity to fully check it out, presumably you have paid a deposit? Let the garage be responsible for the car until you collect it, and sign up that day.
Mokka X 1.4 Auto Elite Mineral Black
flash22 View Drop Down
Mokka Expert
Mokka Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flash22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 10:45am
If you know what day your picking it up just transfer your insurance on that date

You will get better cover and a smaller excess through your own insurance, you will or the dealer will need to tax the car for your use anyway to do that it needs to be insured
TonyP2020 View Drop Down
Mokka Newbie
Mokka Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyP2020 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 3:31pm
I recently had the free 5 day insurance when buying a used Mokka with my old Meriva B as trade-in. The car had already been taxed for one year in the morning (at my expense) and I went in the afternoon.
The (Lookers) Vx salesman phoned Vx Insurance and then handed me the phone.
So you need to speak to Vx insurance and answer questions as you would for a normal insurance quote.
It was more up-selling rubbish, they do it try and get you to accept and pay for 1 year insurance.
The quote I got was nearly twice what I would expect to pay, at over £700.
I refused the years insurance and got told that my 5 day insurance had started and the phone went dead. No paperwork supplied, but I got a lower quote via e-mail a few hours later.
I really needed the 5 day insurance as my existing insurance co (Hastings) was very busy and I had to do the transfer to the new car via e-mail.
I checked the MID database a few times over the next few days and the car was never shown as insured.
Hastings finally confirmed that the new car was covered about 3 hours before the 5 day insurance ran out.
I checked the MID and the car was now shown as insured.
The other attempts by the dealer to up-sell stuff (Gap insurance, paint protection, seat protection) were just annoying and a waste of time, I just kept saying that I was already spending more than my budget, but you have to sit through the process.
You need to allow a good couple of hours to complete the process, if the dealer you are using employs the same tactics.
So bottom line if you get the 5 days insurance get some proof.
2014 Mokka SE 1.7cdti - Orange Rock(s). Mods: interior light now has all 3 (LED) lights on when doors open plus ambient plus illuminated buttons. Rear light now LED.
Mokka Senior
Mokka Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MokkTheWeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 5:55pm
Aviva makes it simple, you can change your cover online, when trading in you just state the day of collection and cover changes from the time you take possession of the new car, you can also print the new insurance  certificate.
wellinever View Drop Down
Mokka Moderator
Mokka Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wellinever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 10:50pm
With Aviva you cannot change the old registration number to the new mid policy on-line; it has to be done by telephone. The good part, there was no charge.Thumbs Up
Tech Line 1.4t (140PS) Fwd Automatic,rear-view camera, velvet red.
Ordered, Design Nav 1.4t 4x4 auto,(152PS) Lava Red, winter pack, rear-camera, preferred/deferred delivery 1st March 2017.
Mokka Senior
Mokka Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MokkTheWeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 2:04am
Beg to differ, I did exactly that when changing to the Mokka x, the system allows you to change car and pay any extra premium by card, and after a short delay print the insurance certificate for the new car.
With a new car the system will say the reg number is not recognised and let you tick an "is this a new car" box and offer a menu to select the make and model.

You probably need to phone to move a personal number to a new car?

Edited by MokkTheWeek - 18 Jun 2017 at 2:42am
Vron View Drop Down
Mokka Newbie
Mokka Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 10:20pm
I had the same experience at Lookers Vauxhall Liverpool...had to sit through an hour of Bulls**t sales pitch trying to flog me extortionately priced "extras" that I didn't need and didn't want.
2015 1.6cdti se Boracay Blue
TonyP2020 View Drop Down
Mokka Newbie
Mokka Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyP2020 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 11:01pm
Yes the BS sales crap is annoying. When I went back to complete the deal and pay for the car, I found that the price had gone up by £1200 to cover the extra's.
The salesman had to go to his boss to get 'permission' to let the deal go ahead without the up-selling. Utter crap, but I bet weaker people will fall for it.

Many years ago I had to sit through a 'let Vx service your car for life' deal presentation but I got a free litre of Dexos 2 for it. I didn't sign up for that deal either.

Edited by TonyP2020 - 18 Jun 2017 at 11:03pm
2014 Mokka SE 1.7cdti - Orange Rock(s). Mods: interior light now has all 3 (LED) lights on when doors open plus ambient plus illuminated buttons. Rear light now LED.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic