FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Vauxhall / Opel Mokka forums and owners club!

Our forums allow you to post your pre-ordering information and questions, news, spy shots, running and maintaining your Mokka and anything else Mokka related! Introduce yourself in the Newbies forum and say hello to fellow Mokka Owners

diesel fuel ecconomy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mickbc View Drop Down
Mokka Newbie
Mokka Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickbc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: diesel fuel ecconomy
    Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 11:00pm
My 2014 1.7d had averaged 55 MPG since new. On its last service May 2017 the dealer cleaned out the diesel injectors and for 6 months the fuel economy improved but for the last few months its getting worse i am struggling to get a average of 52 MPG
Sponsored Links

biggles View Drop Down
Mokka Senior
Mokka Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 4:30pm
The computer tells me I am averaging just over 55mpg  from my 1.7 diesel  Techline 4x4, over 58,000 miles. However I do actually record in a book  each fuel transaction, (my wife thinks I am so sad) and manually work out  the exact mpg (litres x 0.22 = gallons. Divide miles travelled since last fill up by number of gallons.) That gives me a figure of just a shade over  50mpg when averaged out.
I'm really pleased with that, as I was expecting something much nearer to 46 mpg when I bought the car, five years ago this May.
Gary View Drop Down
Mokka Expert
Mokka Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 5:53pm
My previous 1.7 diesel was also prone to underestimate how much fuel I'd used by 4-5 mpg. My new one though is always accurate so it seems Vauxhall finally fixed the fault. I would say 50mpg is a good return myself.my current petrol one only manages about 32.
Elite Nav 1.4t 4x4 auto,(152PS) Lava Red, winter pack
Fishcake View Drop Down
Mokka Newbie
Mokka Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fishcake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 8:42pm
1.6 Diesel engine 16 reg only gets 48 mpg and I drive normally not close to the 60+ it states
Chatman View Drop Down
Mokka Groupie
Mokka Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 10:22am
Originally posted by Fishcake Fishcake wrote:

1.6 Diesel engine 16 reg only gets 48 mpg and I drive normally not close to the 60+ it states

Really Shocked I have the same one and getting 55 mpg regularly, and doing trips in and out of town (I work from home) when I do travel onto site getting 62 mpg and thats even on the M25 rush hour
MY16 Mokka Exclusive 1.6 cdti Whisper Diesel (136ps)
Mok7Tick View Drop Down
Mokka Newbie
Mokka Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mok7Tick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 2:46pm
62 mpg average and 68 mpg plus, on a longer trips.
All about driving techniques.
Mokka X, Boracay Blue, 1.6CDTi ecoFlex, Active.
136 ps year2017

I search the forum before I post !.
Also had a good look at the manuals.
Thanks for all who Answer.
Michael South-Derbyshire.UK, Earth.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic