FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Vauxhall / Opel Mokka forums and owners club!

Our forums allow you to post your pre-ordering information and questions, news, spy shots, running and maintaining your Mokka and anything else Mokka related! Introduce yourself in the Newbies forum and say hello to fellow Mokka Owners

1st Gear judder/shudder/stall (2)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 31>
Author
DaveNorthwich View Drop Down
Mokka Newbie
Mokka Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveNorthwich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 11:05pm
Hi,
I agree with DSM. It seems that for some reason Vauxhall have a software program that supposedly protects the clutch so that it dips the power when the clutch is disengaged if it thinks the clutch may be about to have to take too much power. I don't know why this is needed or maybe it is a problem with the software in some cars. Mine is a 1.4 Turbo and it had the problem but it is almost unnoticeable now. I can't imagine an auto having the problem because it hasn't got a clutch and it won't need this software.
I can't understand why a company as big as GM can't sort this. Updating software on cars that have the problem wouldn't cost that much (unless they all need new clutches!).
Mokka X 1.4 Turbo Elite Nav Quantum Grey
Sponsored Links

AndyM View Drop Down
Mokka Senior
Mokka Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 11:08pm
I'm on my second Mokka, the new one being a Mokka X and fingers crossed so far I haven't experienced this problem.
OLD: Mokka 1.4T Exclusive FWD, Orange Rock, Rear Camera.

NEW: Mokka X 1.4T Active, Boracay Blue
Slarty View Drop Down
Mokka Newbie
Mokka Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slarty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 9:26pm
hello peeps ,

Right further to my last update the saga plays out as follows ,supposedly the techs couldn't reproduce this fault themselves but are ,according to VX cust service in contact with their tech boffins (although there is no fault found) and when i confronted them with evidence that i have found that the fault code is tsb 3446 case risen in aug 2017 they wanted nothing more to do with me and were saying i would have to take it up with the dealer as it had nothing to do with them WHAT !!! but i persuaded them to continue with they're investigation ,i have also learned today that a lot of senior staff have left and yesterday the head of VK UK was SACKED hmmmmm.
i have also learned that a lot of people who put in complaint's have now gone legal on their asses .
watch this space
Slarty
Slarty View Drop Down
Mokka Newbie
Mokka Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slarty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 9:55pm
i have now found out that the service fault code is TSB 3446 this case was risen by VX in aug 2017 and the head of VK UK was sacked yesterday btw
Slarty
nigelbrooks View Drop Down
Mokka Expert
Mokka Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nigelbrooks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 11:29pm
He was replaced by a 'parachuted in' exec. from PSA who, as you know purchased GM's European operations. He is the fifth CEO at Vauxhall in the last two years. Hardly confidence inspiring is it?
Velcro - what a rip-off!
(thanks Tim Vine)
Slarty View Drop Down
Mokka Newbie
Mokka Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slarty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 12:19pm
another update ,
Well VX have had my Mokka X for a week now with the first gear stutter fault and a dodgy simplink unit that keeps on crashing ,first of all they said that they had never heard of the stutter problem so i did some digging of my own and found out that VX fault code is TSB 3446 and after talking to the dealer today i said that i had this code and that VX could not say that they didn't know about it ,to which she replied that it was just protocol so in other words a load of bull ,t**sers just admit it ffs
Slarty
Slarty View Drop Down
Mokka Newbie
Mokka Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slarty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 12:25pm
all they are saying though is that VX techs are in touch with the dealership about both problems ,BUT the VX cust service asst that i have been dealing with who has been giving regular updates has contacted me this morning to say that they would update me next on the 26th Jan ,yes the 26th ,i can see that the car will be in for the long haul.
Slarty
Slarty View Drop Down
Mokka Newbie
Mokka Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slarty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 1:40pm
at last i have the cure to this fault
Brother Leo View Drop Down
Mokka Senior
Mokka Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brother Leo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 2:04pm
That's a good shout lol
nigelbrooks View Drop Down
Mokka Expert
Mokka Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nigelbrooks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 2:37pm
Fix
Or
Repair
Daily

Two neighbours both have new model Focuses (should that be Focii?) and they spend a LOT of time in the dealers with -primarilly- electrical faults.
Velcro - what a rip-off!
(thanks Tim Vine)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 31>
  Share Topic